Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 05/28/2014 -- Political and macroeconomic factors cast a shadow over the short-term development of Argentina's electricity sector. Protectionist policies have long defined the market, and as a consequence the electricity sector has suffered from underinvestment and inefficiency. Although Argentina is keen to build capacity and reduce its reliance on expensive energy imports, particularly given the recent devaluation of the peso, the current operating environment does little to attract investment. The sector's struggles were underlined by blackouts in Buenos Aires earlier in the year, which thrust the issue into the political spotlight. That said, prospects have improved in recent months, with the government of Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner announcing a series of macroeconomic and structural reforms, including a politically controversial reduction in consumer gas subsidies. Such moves suggest that the government is finally becoming serious about reform, and could set the scene for an improvement in the operating environment over the coming years. With elections looming in 2015, however, the medium-term outlook for the country's power sector remains as uncertain as ever.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Venezuela Power Report Q3 2014
- Power Monthly Deal Analysis - February 2014: M&A and Investment Trends
- Nuclear Power in the UK, Market Outlook to 2025, Update 2014 - Capacity, Generation, Deployment Trends, Investments, Power Plants, Regulations, and Company Profiles
- Malaysia Power Report Q3 2014
- Nuclear Power in France, Market Outlook to 2025, Update 2014 - Capacity, Generation, Deployment Trends, Investments, Power Plants, Regulations, and Company Profiles
- Mexico Power Report Q3 2014
- Poland Power Report Q3 2014
- Thermal Power in the UK, Market Outlook to 2025, Update 2014 - Capacity, Generation, Power Plants, Regulations and Company Profiles
- Thailand Power Report Q3 2014
- Thermal Power in Italy, Market Outlook to 2025, 2014 Update - Capacity, Generation, Power Plants, Regulations and Company Profiles