Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 03/21/2014 -- Bulgaria's telecom service market generated an estimated US$1.7bn in revenue in 2013; Pyramid Research expects it to grow at a CAGR of 1.7% from 2013 to 2018. In both the fixed and mobile segments, growth will be driven by data services, which we expect to increase at a CAGR of 6.3% from 2013 to 2018. Cumulative service revenue over the period will come to $4.2bn. We expect fixed broadband to grow faster, helped by a national broadband plan aiming to expand access to rural areas. By 2018, fixed broadband service will contribute almost as much to overall telecom revenue as mobile data service.
Introduction and Landscape
Bulgaria is one of the smaller telecom service markets in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). Estimated at US$1.7bn in 2013, its revenue closely follows that of Slovakia in size. At an estimated CAGR of 1.7% from 2013 to 2018, revenue in Bulgaria's telecom market will grow only slowly, but growth will be concentrated in individual market segments rather than spread throughout the whole telecom sector. In both the fixed and mobile segments, growth will be driven by data services, which we expect to increase at a CAGR of 6.3% between 2013 and 2018; cumulative service revenue over the same period will come to $4.2bn. We expect fixed broadband to grow faster, helped by a national broadband plan that aims to expand access to rural areas. We project that by 2018, fixed broadband service will contribute almost as much to overall telecom revenue as mobile data service."
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Wireless research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Panama: Telecom Regulators Push to Drive Broadband Penetration; LTE on the Way
- Slovakia: Fixed and Mobile Data Network Expansion to Drive Telecom Market Growth
- LTE Strategy 2013 - 2018
- The Netherlands: LTE to Drive New Growth as Telecom Market Consolidation Speeds up
- South Korea: A National Broadband Plan for a Smart Country, Built on LTE and FTTH Leadership
- Kenya: Operators Prepare for LTE while Mobile Data Drives 3G Expansion
- Brazil Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Japan: LTE Deployments Paving the Way for New Business Lines for Telecom Operators
- Singapore: As LTE and Fiber Subscriptions Multiply, Telecom Operators Focus on Data Services
- Saudi Arabia: LTE and Fiber Rollouts Boost Operators and Vendors