Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/18/2014 -- Core Views:
- Although Denmark is not part of the eurozone monetary union, its deep financial and trade links have been strengthened by its pegged exchange rate regime, leaving the economy significantly exposed to spill over effects of the eurozone debt crisis.
- A burst housing bubble and subsequent bank failures have made Denmark a Nordic underperformer, and the after-effects will continue to weigh on growth in the medium term. Although Denmark is in the process of staging a broad based economic recovery, the outlook remains dependent on improving external demand and a sustained recovery in house prices.
- Denmark has been singled out as a relative safe haven given its favourable public debt dynamics and fixed currency regime. However, this inflow of capital has masked structural economic problems, and should investors start leaving the country it could expose an array of problems, most problematic of which could be a rise in interest rates and drop in house prices.
- The government of Denmark has repeatedly expressed its commitment to its pegged currency regime, confirming our view that the country will not join the eurozone in the next decade.
- The public sector will remain one of the largest in Europe for the foreseeable future, as Denmark's deeply ingrained welfare model remains broadly popular. However, gradual reforms are likely to continue in the coming years that scale back benefit programs.
- Although we expect public expenditure to remain elevated, the government's substantial tax revenues will enable it to keep deficit and debt levels on a sustainable trajectory.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Major Forecast Changes
- No Major Forecast Changes
Risks To Outlook
- A major risk to Denmark's medium-term macroeconomic trajectory stems from ongoing economic and financial developments within the eurozone. Denmark has sizeable trade and investment linkages with the common currency bloc, and a major deterioration in growth in the core countries, or renewed flare up of the sovereign...
The Denmark Business Forecast Report helps businesses with market assessment, strategic planning and decision making to promote growth and profitability in Denmark and is an essential tool for CEOs, Chairmen, Finance Directors/CFOs, Managing Directors, Marketing/Sales Directors with commercial interests in this emerging market..
An influential new analysis of Denmark's economic, political and financial prospects through end-2017, just published by award-winning forecasters, Business Monitor International (BMI).
- Forecast the pace and stability of Denmark's economic and industry growth through end-2017.
- Identify and evaluate adverse political and economic trends, to facilitate risk mitigation.
- Assess the critical shortcomings of the business environment that pose hidden barriers and costs to corporate profitability.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Country Reports research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Sri Lanka Business Forecast Report Q3 2014
- Russia Business Forecast Report Q3 2014
- Latvia Business Forecast Report Q3 2014
- Trinidad & Tobago Business Forecast Report Q3 2014
- Germany Business Forecast Report Q3 2014
- Bosnia-Herzegovina Business Forecast Report Q3 2014
- Egypt Business Forecast Report Q3 2014
- Cameroon Business Forecast Report Q3 2014
- Spain Business Forecast Report Q3 2014
- Australia Business Forecast Report Q3 2014