Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/10/2014 -- Even with an expected return to positive economic growth in 2014, we believe that the deflationary trend has further to run. The long-term potential growth rate has been severely damaged by the economic crisis, which underpins our very modest 1.4% average real GDP growth forecast over the course of 2014-2018. Unemployment continues to edge higher, most recently reaching 28.0% in November, and has yet to show signs of coming down. The combination of excess capacity in the labour market, weak incomes and the continued bite from fiscal austerity mean that demand-side inflationary pressures will take a long time to recover. In addition, with the banking sector still effectively paralysed, the flow of credit to the corporate and household sector will remain impaired over the medium term, further preventing any demand-side inflationary pressure.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Industry Data (local currency)
- 2014 per capita food consumption = -0.1%; forecast compound annual growth rate (CAGR) 2013-2018 = +1%.
- 2013 alcoholic drink value sales = -1.6%; forecast CAGR 2014-2018 = 0.1%.
- 2013 soft drink value sales = -2.1%; forecast CAGR 2014-2018 = 0.3%.
- 2013 mass grocery retail sales = 0.1%; forecast CAGR 2014-2018 = +0.8%.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Czech Republic Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Malaysia Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Caribbean Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Chile Food & Drink Report Q2 2014
- Argentina Food & Drink Report 2014
- Hong Kong Food & Drink Report 2014
- Latvia Food & Drink Report 2014
- Philippines Food & Drink Report 2014
- Lebanon Food & Drink Report 2014
- Taiwan Food & Drink Report 2014