Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 02/18/2014 -- Technological Advancements and Flourishing Outsourcing Industry Likely to Propel the Growth of the Global High Throughput Screening (HTS) Market
In this report, the global high throughput screening (HTS) market has been segmented on the basis of technology, products, applications, end users, and geography. The label-free technology market is expected to grow at the highest CAGR of 11.1% from 2013 to 2018. This technology offers the direct detection ability, which was not possible with cell-based assays. Moreover, this technology helps in the reduction of drug failure rate due to toxicity and is applicable for a majority of drug classes.
In the HTS applications market, the target identification segment accounted for the largest share in 2013. The large share of this segment can be attributed to factors such as the availability of large compound libraries, presence of well-equipped HTS laboratories, and technological advancements. Large pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies are investing heavily in automation of HTS laboratories and are also entering into strategic partnerships and collaborations with research institutes, thereby leading to efficient utilization of HTS in varied application fields. However, the primary screening segment of the HTS market is estimated to register the highest growth rate. This can be attributed to the availability of a large number of potential lead compounds, emergence of several new detection technologies, and availability of novel primary and stem cell phenotypes. The HTS market by end users is broadly categorized into pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, academic and government institutes, contract research organizations (CROs), and others. The pharmaceuticals segment dominated the market with a market share of around 48% in 2013.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The global HTS market is in its growth phase and is poised to cross the $19 billion mark by 2018. The factors responsible for the growth of this market include technological innovations, open innovation models adopted by pharmaceutical companies, increasing drug discovery initiatives by academic institutions, and huge capital investments in the HTS technology by organizations. Moreover, the presence of a large untapped market in emerging countries and growth in outsourcing of drug discovery services especially in China and India are the various growth opportunities for this market.
Over the next five years, Asia is expected to grow at the highest CAGR of 9.1%. Factors such as growth in investments as well as the growth in the outsourcing industry, and favorable economic conditions are responsible for the high growth of the HTS market in Asia.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Biotechnology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Immunoassay Market [Technology (Enzyme, Fluorescent, Chemiluminescence, Radioimmunoassay), Analyzers & Reagents, Applications (Infectious Diseases, Cancer, Endocrinology, Cardiology), End Users (Hospitals, Laboratory, Academics)] - Global Forecast to 2018
- Computed Tomography Systems Market Outlook in BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) to 2018
- MRI Systems Market Outlook in BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) to 2018
- Airport & Marine Port Security Market [Access Control, Video Surveillance, Screening & Scanning, Asset and Visitor Management, Perimeter Intrusion Detection, Network Security] - Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Transportation Safety and Transportation Security Market Modes (Airways; Seaways; Roadways; Railways); Systems (Access Control; Surveillance, Scanning, Screening, Tracking, Navigation, Fire Safety): - Worldwide Market Forecasts (2013 '" 2018)
- Green Coatings Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Cognitive Assessment and Training Market [Dementia Screening; Clinical Trials, Classroom Learning, Brain Training, Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT, CAT), Concussion Management, Academic Research] Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013-2018)
- Seasonal Influenza Vaccine Market in Asia-Pacific to 2018 - Positive Impact of Government Support Offset by Limited Production Capacity, High Investment and Strict Regulations as Barriers to New Entrants
- Global Micro Datacenter (MDC) Market (By Applications, Rack Sizes, Organization Size, Industries, & Geographies) Worldwide Market Forecasts & Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Microfluidics Market By Materials (Polymers, Silicon, Glass), Pharmaceuticals (Microreactors, Toxicity Screening, Lab on Chip, Proteomic & Genomic Analysis) Drug Delivery Devices (Microneedles, Micropumps), IVD (POC) - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018