Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 03/20/2014 -- Pharmaceutical Membrane Filtration Market by Technology (Microfiltration, Ultra filtration, Nan filtration, Reverse Osmosis & Ion Exchange), Application (Cell Separation, Protein Purification, Sterilization, Virus Removal & Water Management), Region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific & ROW) - Trends & Forecast to 2018
Membrane filtration is a widely used separation technique in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. It finds extensive applications in the biopharmaceutical industry as biopharmaceutical products and their intermediates are susceptible to degradation due to heat and chemical treatment, and so are difficult to separate using other techniques. Membrane filtration has been used in pharmaceutical industry since 1935 and it is presently one of the most widely adopted separation techniques in this industry.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The global pharmaceutical membrane filtration market is segmented on the basis of technology, application, and region. The technology segments included in the report are microfiltration, ultrafiltration, nanofiltration, reverse osmosis, and ion exchange; the application segments are cell separation, protein purification, sterilization, virus removal, and water management; while the geographic segments are North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). The major factor driving the growth of this market is the growth of the global pharmaceutical industry. The adoption rate of membrane filtration in Europe and North America is very high. Further, increasing adoption rate in the Asia-Pacific segment and increasing demand for single use technology will further drive this market. Therefore, the pharmaceutical membrane filtration market is expected to witness a high growth in the forecast period.
Membrane filtration is also used widely for protein purification in the pharmaceutical industry. Other important applications of this technology in the pharmaceutical industry are cell separation and water treatment. Microfiltration and ultrafiltration are the most widely used filtration technologies in the pharmaceutical industry. In 2013, Europe was the largest market for pharmaceutical membrane filtration. However, the North American market is expected to grow rapidly in the forecast period between 2013 and 2018 and is expected to be as large as that of Europe by 2018.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on product portfolios of top players in the pharmaceutical membrane filtration market. The report analyzes the pharmaceutical membrane filtration market by application across geographies.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research and development activities, and new product launches in the pharmaceutical membrane filtration market.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Biotechnology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Protein Crystallization & Crystallography Market - Forecast to 2018
- Pharmaceutical Packaging Market by Packaging Type (Plastic bottles, Blister packs, Caps & Closures, Ampoules, Vials and Others) Raw Material (Plastics, Paper & Paperboard, Glass, Aluminum foils), and Drug Delivery Type - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Water & Wastewater Treatment Equipment Market by Types (Disinfection: Chlorine, UV, Ozone; Filtration: Granular, Adsorption, RO, MF, UF; Desalination, Testing), By Applications (Municipal, Industrial), & By Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Caps & Closures Market by Raw Material (Plastic, Metal & Others), Applications (Food, Beverage, Personal Care & Home Care, Pharma & Industrial), Types (Plastic: Screw, Dispensing, Metal: Screw & Lug, Can Ends, Others) - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Chromatography Resin Market by Application (Pharmaceutical, Food, Water & Environmental Analysis, Drug Discovery, Diagnostics), by Techniques (IEC, Affinity, HIC, SEC & Mixed) & by Type (Natural & Synthetic) '" Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Flexible Packaging Market by End-Use (Food, Beverage, Personal Care & Pharmaceutical), Material (Polypropylene, BOPP, CPP, Polyethylene, EVOH, PA, BOPET, PVC, Aluminum, Paper, Cellulosic) - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Pharmaceutical Packaging Equipment Market by Package Type (Blister, Strip, Bottle, Tube, Aseptic Packaging, Wrapping, Labeling & Serialization), by Product Type (Tablet, Powder, Cream, Syrup, Aseptic Liquid, Aerosol) - Global Forecast to 2018
- Dispersant / Dispersing Agent Market, by End-User Industries (Construction, Paint & Coating, Pulp & Paper, Detergent, Oil & Gas, Agriculture, Pharmaceutical) & Geography - Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Pharmaceutical Excipients Market [By Products (Carbohydrates, Oleochemicals, Petrochemicals, Polymers, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sugar, Calcium carbonate), By Functionality (Fillers, Binders, Lubricants, Preservatives)] - Global Forecast to 2018
- Packaged Food in Guatemala