Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 10/03/2012 -- The report analyzes the macroeconomic and political situation in Egypt. It covers the healthcare system, and major causes of disease and mortality. It focuses on pharmaceuticals, including their regulation, pricing, intellectual property rights, and counterfeits. It examines pharmaceutical sales, manufacturing, trade, and major multinationals and local companies.
- Understand the key pharmaceutical market characteristics, including total market size, growth drivers and resistors and overall market attractiveness.
- Evaluate the latest political situation and healthcare reforms and how they impact the pharmaceutical market.
- Develop an understanding of the intellectual property and regulatory environment and how these can affect your product launch strategy.
- Gain insight into controversial pricing issues, which have held back prices and hit profits.
- Assess the major domestic and overseas pharma companies active in Egypt.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The Egyptian pharmaceutical market is focused on generics. Per capita spending is low, but the large population means overall sales are worth around $3bn. Out-of-pocket expenditure accounts for around 75% of pharmaceutical sales. In the long term, increasing affluence and universal health insurance will boost sales.
Historically, intellectual property rights were not enforced, and firms were able to register generics/copies using data from the originator companies. Despite some changes, Egypt is on the Watch List of the US Trade Representative due to inadequate enforcement. This means that companies have been slow to introduce new products.
Egypt has certain key differences from many other markets. For example, the data protection period for drugs is five years from when the registration application is filed, rather than from the date of market authorization.
Reasons to Get this Report
- How is the political situation affecting pharmaceutical sales?
- What is the nature of research environment in Egpyt?
- How are the healthcare reforms going to affect the pharmaceutical market?
- How strictly are intellectual property rights enforced in Egypt?
- What are the major causes of morbidity and mortality in Egypt?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Pharmaceutical Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Pharmaceutical Industry
- Global Pharmaceutical Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Pharmaceutical Industry
- Licensing Strategies of Large Pharmaceutical Companies - Weak R&D Pipelines and the Patent Cliff Stimulate In-Licensing Activity
- Pharmaceutical Supply Chain in Europe - Adoption of Direct to Pharmacy (DTP) Model to Boost Efficiency and Optimize Pricing
- Buyer Spend Activity and Procurement Behaviors and Strategies in the Pharmaceutical Industry - 2012-2013 : Survey Intelligence
- Industry Dynamics, Growth, Threats & Opportunities in the Pharmaceutical Industry - 2012-2013 : Survey Intelligence
- Pharmaceutical Supply Chain in Japan - Periodic Drug Price Revisions by National Health Insurance Increase Competition and Squeeze Profit Margins
- Emerging Pharmaceutical Market in India - Strategic Partnerships Between Domestic and International Pharmaceutical Players are the Driving Force
- Emerging Pharmaceutical Market in Indonesia and Philippines - 100% Foreign Direct Investment in Indonesia and Extensive Insurance Coverage in the Philippines Attract Foreign Pharma Companies
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited - Product Pipeline Review - H2 2011