Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/03/2014 -- Transformer Oil Market, by Types (Mineral Oil - Naphthenic & Paraffinic, Silicone, and Bio-based), Applications (Small & Large Transformers, Utility) & Geography - Global Industry Trends & Forecast to 2018
This report estimates the transformer oil market in terms of volume and value. The volume market is estimated in terms of the demand of the transformer oil per year. The report estimates the market size of the transformer oil industry for product types such as mineral oil which is further classified into naphthenic and paraffinic; silicone, and bio-based transformer oils. This has been broken down into component regions and is further split into countries.
Transformer oil consumption is driven by expanding energy demand and growing installation of power grids in developing countries, increasing investments, and enhancement of power grids in regions like Europe and North America; and also the growing transition towards other renewable sources of energy. A majority of the manufacturing capacities are present in North America, Asia-Pacific, and European regions, which also act as a driver for the local markets. Whereas, the factors such as wearing effects of sulfur in transformer oils and the flammable nature of the oil, hinders the consumption. Apart from these, a majority of the naphthenic capacities are present in North America.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
We have used various secondary sources such as encyclopedias, directories, and databases to identify and collect information that was useful for this extensive commercial study of the global transformer oil market. The primary sources - experts and suppliers from the industry, have all been interviewed to obtain and verify critical information, as well as to assess the future prospects of the transformer oil market.
We have also profiled leading players of this industry, along with their recent developments and other strategic industry activities. Some of the key companies profiled include Nynas AB (Sweden), PetroChina Lubricating Oil Company (China), Ergon Inc. (U.S.), Calumet Specialty Products Partners L.P. (U.S.), San Joaquin Refineries Inc. (U.S.), Apar Industries Ltd (India), Engen (South Africa), and Sinopec Corporation (China) among others.
Asia Pacific dominates the global transformer oil market. In Asia Pacific, China is the largest market in terms of the demand side. Nynas AB (Sweden) is the global leader in terms of the production of naphthenic oil.
The report covers major regions such as Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Thailand, Vietnam), North America (the U.S., Mexico, Canada), Europe (Russia, Germany, France, Turkey, Spain, the U.K., Ukraine, Belgium), and the ROW countries (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Argentina).
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Oilfield Rental Market - Global Market Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Well Intervention Market - Global Trends & Forecast To 2018
- Pressure Pumping Market - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Power Grid System Market In Subsea, By Offshore Power (Captive Generation, Wind Power, Others), Components (Cables, Variable Speed Drives, Transformers, Switchgears, Others) and Geography - Global Trends & Forecast To 2018
- Drilling Fluids (Drilling Mud) Market & Completion Fluids Market: by Types (Water-Based Systems, Oil-Based Systems, Synthetic-Based Systems, Other Based Systems), Application Areas (Onshore and Offshore) & Geography - Forecast to 2018
- Floating Production Systems Market - Global trends and forecasts to 2018
- Offshore Support Vessel Market By Type (Anchor Handling, Towing & Supply Vessel, Platform Supply Vessels, Multi-Purpose Service Vessel, Crew Boats, Standby & Rescue Vessels & Others) & By Geography-Global Trends & Forecast To 2018
- Oil and Gas Security Market [by Applications (Exploration and Drilling, Refining and Storage, Pipeline, Transportation and Distribution), by Technologies (Physical Security, Network Security)] - Global Advancements, Forecasts & Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Drilling Waste Management Market by Services (Solids Control Services, Containment & Handling, and Treatment & Disposal), Applications (Onshore & Offshore) and Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Global Oil and Gas Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Oil and Gas Industry