Lewes, DE -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/12/2014 -- “Big Data” originally emerged as a term to describe datasets whose size is beyond the ability of traditional databases to capture, store, manage and analyze. However, the scope of the term has significantly expanded over the years. Big Data not only refers to the data itself but also a set of technologies that capture, store, manage and analyze large and variable collections of data to solve complex problems.
Amid the proliferation of real time data from sources such as mobile devices, web, social media, sensors, log files and transactional applications, Big Data has found a host of vertical market applications, ranging from fraud detection to R&D.
Despite challenges relating to privacy concerns and organizational resistance, Big Data investments continue to gain momentum throughout the globe. SNS Research estimates that Big Data investments will account for nearly $30 Billion in 2014 alone. These investments are further expected to grow at a CAGR of 17% over the next 6 years.
The “Big Data Market: 2014 – 2020 – Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts” report presents an in-depth assessment of the Big Data ecosystem including key market drivers, challenges, investment potential, vertical market opportunities and use cases, future roadmap, value chain, case studies on Big Data analytics, vendor market share and strategies.
The report also presents market size forecasts for Big Data hardware, software and professional services from 2014 through to 2020. Historical figures are also presented for 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013. The forecasts are further segmented for 8 horizontal submarkets, 15 vertical markets, 6 regions and 34 countries.
The report comes with an associated Excel datasheet suite covering quantitative data from all numeric forecasts presented in the report.
Browse this report - http://mrr.cm/ZQx
The report covers the following topics:
- Big Data ecosystem
- Market drivers and barriers
- Big Data technology, standardization and regulatory initiatives
- Big Data industry roadmap and value chain
- Analysis and use cases for 15 vertical markets
- Big Data analytics technology and case studies
- Big Data vendor market share
- Company profiles and strategies of 90 Big Data ecosystem players
- Strategic recommendations for Big Data hardware, software and professional services vendors and enterprises
- Exclusive interview transcripts of 4 players in the Big Data ecosystem
- Market analysis and forecasts from 2014 till 2020
- Market forecasts and historical figures are provided for each of the following submarkets and their categories:
- Hardware, Software & Professional Services
- Professional Services
- Horizontal Submarkets
- Storage & Compute Infrastructure
- Networking Infrastructure
- Hadoop & Infrastructure Software
- Analytic Platforms & Applications
- Cloud Platforms
- Professional Services
- Vertical Submarkets
- Automotive, Aerospace & Transportation
- Banking & Securities
- Defense & Intelligence
- Healthcare & Pharmaceutical
- Smart Cities & Intelligent Buildings
- Manufacturing & Natural Resources
- Web, Media & Entertainment
- Public Safety & Homeland Security
- Public Services
- Retail & Hospitality
- Utilities & Energy
- Wholesale Trade
- Asia Pacific
- Eastern Europe
- Latin & Central America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
- Western Europe
Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Norway, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, UAE, UK, USA
The report has the following key findings:
- In 2014 Big Data vendors will pocket nearly $30 Billion from hardware, software and professional services revenues
- Big Data investments are further expected to grow at a CAGR of nearly 17% over the next 6 years, eventually accounting for $76 Billion by the end of 2020
- The market is ripe for acquisitions of pure-play Big Data startups, as competition heats up between IT incumbents
- Nearly every large scale IT vendor maintains a Big Data portfolio
- At present, hardware sales and professional services account for more than 70% of all Big Data investments
- Going forward, software vendors, particularly those in the Big Data analytics segment, are expected to significantly increase their stake in the Big Data market as it matures
Key Questions Answered:
- How big is the Big Data ecosystem?
- How is the ecosystem evolving by segment and region?
- What will the market size be in 2020 and at what rate will it grow?
- What trends, challenges and barriers are influencing its growth?
- Who are the key Big Data software, hardware and services vendors and what are their strategies?
- How much are vertical enterprises investing in Big Data?
- What opportunities exist for Big Data analytics?
- Which countries and verticals will see the highest percentage of Big Data investments?
For more information see - http://mrr.cm/ZQx
Spanning over 289 pages, “The Big Data Market 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals and Forecasts ” report covering the An Overview of Big Data, Vertical Opportunities & Use Cases for Big Data, Big Data Industry Roadmap & Value Chain, Big Data Analytics, Standardization & Regulatory Initiatives, Market Analysis & Forecasts, Vendor Landscape, Expert Opinion – Interview Transcripts, Conclusion & Strategic Recommendations. The report covered companies few are - 1010data, Accel Partners, Accenture, Actian Corporation, Actuate Corporation, adMarketplace, Adobe, ADP, AeroSpike, AlchemyDB, Aldeasa, Alpine Data Labs, Alteryx, Amazon.com, AMD
Find all Big Data Reports at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/big-data
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For latest market research videos visit: http://www.marketresearch.tv