Lewes, DE -- (ReleaseWire) -- 02/11/2014 -- Although autograft is still perceived as the gold-standard material in bone grafting, the wide array of alternatives available in the market has resulted in a gradual shift towards increased adoption of bone grafts and substitutes (BGS), especially in the US and European markets. In contrast to the general picture in developed countries, autograft bone still represents the most popular option during bone grafting in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region and South America.
The market for BGS is characterized by rapid technological change, frequent new introductions, changes in customers’ demands and evolving industry standards. An example is the industry’s recent re-evaluation of the expanding utilization of BMPs. Moving forward, the shift to lower-dosed BMPs is expected to be accompanied with continued rise in the sales volume of synthetic bone substitutes in all markets, and increased adoption of cell-based matrices in the US market. Since BGS companies have uncovered new ways of using their technologies to find synergies with spine hardware products, and orthopedic implants to deliver better therapeutic outcomes, future access in the market will hinge on suppliers positioning their products as part of a broader therapy system for bone repair that includes multiple offerings. Meanwhile, companies will need to understand two basic driving forces in the global BGS arena – surgeons who continuously seek improved patient outcomes and healthcare systems who become increasingly concerned about the economics.
Key Questions Answered
- Given the negative media literature surrounding Medtronic’s INFUSE Bone Graft, surgeons now hold varied opinions regarding the BMP products. (Q).What are surgeons’ attitudes about the cost-effectiveness of BMP/growth factor products? (Q).How will the overall BGS market evolve following the continuing revenue decline in the BMP/growth factor segment?
- As health executives are scrutinizing purchases and using multiple channels to procure biologics at highly competitive prices, surgeon’s preference is no longer considered the top priority in many hospitals’ decision-making process. (Q).How are governments’ cost-containment measures affecting the utilization of different types of BGS products?
- Currently, in the BGS market, the lack of reliable studies to demonstrate products’ efficacy in human clinical settings has led to many surgeons reluctant to adopt newly-launched biological products. (Q).What are the current adoption levels of different types of BGS products?
- Cell-based matrices have received increased enthusiasm in the US market. Yet ongoing scrutiny of the segment may have a negative impact on future growth of this segment. (Q).Will the cell-based matrices segment benefit from declining utilization of BMP/growth factor products? (Q).How are companies strategically responding to this attractive segment?
- In the years to come, launching and marketing a comprehensive orthobiologics portfolio with a clear value proposition will remain critical to companies’ success. (Q).Will the BGS market maintain growth amid regulatory setbacks and austerity measures? (Q).Which materials are more favorably positioned for increasing adoption?
Reasons to buy
- “What Do Physicians Think” quotes provide a unique insight into how healthcare professionals are reacting to events within the industry, and what their responses could mean for industry strategists. This information is essential for all strategic decision makers in every organization allowing them to act on high quality information.
Spanning over 232 pages, 104 tables and 51 figures, “MediPoint: Bone Grafts and Substitutes - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts” report covering the Clinical Outcomes, Industry Overview, Competitive Assessment, Unmet Needs, Pipeline Products, Clinical Trials to Watch, Current and Future Players, Market Outlooks, Appendix.
Inquiry for more information visit: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/globaldata/medipoint-bone-grafts-and-substitutes-global-analysis-and-market-forecasts
Find All Medical Devices Reports at- http://www.marketresearchreports.com/medical-devices
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/subscribe-to-newsletter
Follow us on YouTube : http://www.youtube.com/user/MarketResearchReport