Lewes, DE -- (ReleaseWire) -- 02/18/2014 -- The Canadian card payments channel recorded growth during the review period (2008–2012). In terms of the volume of cards in circulation, the card payments channel posted a review-period CAGR of 4.55% to reach 153.1 million cards in 2012. Growth in consumer spending, a shift in consumer preference towards cashless transactions, and the increased acceptance of cards by retailers contributed to the growth of the Canadian card payments channel. The volume of cards in circulation is expected to post a forecast-period (2013?2017) CAGR of 4.66%, to reach 190.8 million cards in 2017. The Canadian card payments channel grew substantially both in volume and value terms during the review period. In terms of the number of transactions, the channel grew from 7.2 billion in 2008 to 8.5 billion in 2012, at a review-period CAGR of 4.27%. Debit card transactions were the key driver, followed by charge cards. The growing demand for prepaid and credit cards among Canadian consumers also contributed to the growth of the number of transactions during the review period. Over the forecast period, total card transactions volume is expected to post a forecast-period CAGR of 3.57%, to reach 10.2 billion in 2017.
Inquiry for more information visit: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/timetric/canada%E2%80%99s-cards-and-payments-industry-emerging-opportunities-trends-size-drivers-strategies
The report provides market analysis, information and insights into Canada’s cards and payments industry, including:
- Current and forecast values for each category of Canada’s cards and payments industry including debit cards, credit cards, prepaid cards and charge cards
- Comprehensive analysis of the industry’s market attractiveness and future growth areas
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing Canada’s cards and payments industry
- Detailed analysis of the marketing strategies adopted for selling debit, credit, charge and prepaid cards used by various bankers and other institutions in the market
- Comprehensive analysis of consumer attitudes and their buying preferences for cards
- Competitive landscape of Canada’s cards and payments industry
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of Canada’s cards and payments industry.
- It provides current values for Canada’s cards and payments industry for 2012 and forecast figures for 2017.
- It details the different macroeconomic, infrastructural, consumer and business drivers affecting Canada’s cards and payments industry.
- It outlines the current regulatory framework in the industry.
- It details the marketing strategies used by various bankers and other institutions.
- It profiles the major banks in Canada’s cards and payments industry.
Find other reports on Canada Market at : http://www.marketresearchreports.com/countries/canada
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to Canada’s cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities within Canada’s cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in Canada’s cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into the marketing strategies used for selling various types of cards in Canada.
Gain insights into key regulations governing Canada’s cards and payments industry.
- Credit cards was the largest category in the card payments channel in 2012, accounting for a 51.8% share. The second-largest share was occupied by the debit card category with 24.5%. The prepaid cards category followed with 20.6% and the charge cards category accounted for 3.1%.
- Consumers are slowly moving away from cash and adopting other modes of payment such as cards and electronic fund transfers. While cash continues to be an important part of the payments system, it is increasingly being displaced by non-cash channels. The share of cash transactions fell during the review period, from 2.3% in 2008 to 2.0% in 2012.
- Commercial banks and retailers have been aggressively promoting contactless payment technology to increase the speed and convenience of payments for consumers. The technology also offers improved security and helps to control fraudulent transactions. The major contactless payment technologies used in Canada include Interac’s Interac Flash, Visa’s payWave and MasterCard’s PayPass.
- Banks and retail outlets in Canada expanded their infrastructure networks during the review period. The number of automatic teller machines (ATMs) installed increased from 57,900 in 2008 to 60,346 in 2012, at a review-period CAGR of 1.04%. The increasing acceptance of debit and credit cards at retail outlets and a consumer shift towards direct card purchases resulted in a rising number of point of sale (POS) transactions during the review period.
Spanning over 103 pages, 61 Tables and 68 Figures “Canada’s Cards and Payments Industry” report provide Analysis of Market Environment, Key Trends and Drivers, Cards and Payments Industry Share Analysis, Regulatory Framework and Card Fraud Statistics, Emerging Consumer Attitudes and Trends, Analysis of Card Payments and Growth Prospects, Analysis of Credit Card Payments and Growth Prospects, Analysis of Debit Card Payments and Growth Prospects, Analysis of Charge Card Payments and Growth Prospects, Analysis of Prepaid Card Payments and Growth Prospects, Merchant Acquiring, Company Profiles of Card Issuers, Appendix And The Report Cover 13 Companies - Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, Royal Bank of Canada, Bank of Montreal, TD Canada Trust, Scotiabank, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Diners Club, Moneris Solutions Corporation, First Data, Elavon, Heartland Payment Systems.
Find All Banking and Finance Reports at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/banking-finance
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/subscribe-to-newsletter
Follow us on slideshare : http://www.slideshare.net/MarketResearchReports