Lewes, DE -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/16/2014 -- This report has been updated due to Cystic Fibrosis (CF) entering an exciting phase with:
- The June 24, 2014 announcement of positive Phase III clinical trial data for Vertex’s lumacaftor in combination with Kalydeco (ivacaftor) in patients with CF who have two copies of the F508del mutation.
- The label expansion of Vertex’s Kalydeco for the treatment of CF patients with eight additional gating mutations in the CFTR gene in February 2014 in the US, and in June 2014 in the EU.
- The June 30, 2014 announcement of the submission of a supplemental New Drug Application (sNDA) to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the approval of Vertex’s Kalydeco in patients with CF ages 18 years and older who have the R117H mutation in the CFTR gene.
Rapid Growth in the CF Market
Publisher estimates the 2012 sales for CF to be approximately $1.2 billion across the six markets covered in this forecast: the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK. By the end of the forecast period, sales will grow to approximately $5.3 billion, with a CAGR of 28.96%. The majority of sales will come from the US, which will represent 60% of the market by 2018.
Reasons to buy
- Epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms and current treatment options
- Annualized market revenue, annual cost of therapies and forecasts for five years to 2018
- Strategic product assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, R&D strategies, clinical trial design and implications for the CF therapeutics market
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging trends and mechanisms of action under development, including inhaled antibiotics, CFTR modulators and pancreatic enzyme products
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the US and five major EU CF therapeutics market. Clinical and commercial benchmarking of promising pipeline products versus standard of care treatments and competitive assessment of all therapies. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges
- Key countries covered: the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK.
- Identify the unmet needs and remaining opportunities in the CF therapeutics market.
See Table of contents & Purchase this publication at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/globaldata/opportunityanalyzer-cystic-fibrosis-opportunity-analysis-and-forecasts-2018-event-driven
Spanning over 149 pages, “OpportunityAnalyzer: Cystic Fibrosis - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2018 - Event-Driven Update” report covering the Disease Overview, Epidemiology, Current Treatment Option, Unmet Needs Assessment and Oppportunity Analysis, R&D Strategies, Pipeline Assessment, Pipeline Valuation Analysis, Appendix.
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For Business and Industry News visit http://www.marketresearchtimes.com