Lewes, DE -- (ReleaseWire) -- 02/11/2014 -- Endometriosis is a gynecological disorder affecting women of childbearing age. This inflammatory condition is characterized by the growth of endometrial tissues outside of the uterus, and can cause chronic painful menstruation, painful intercourse, and infertility. For many women, endometriosis-associated pain can be so debilitating that it affects their ability to perform daily functions and significantly deters their quality of life.
The KOL’s agree- patients with endometriosis have significant unmet needs due to the lack of approved treatment options that have both continuous efficacy and a favorable long-term safety profiles. Although the KOLs are optimistic about the potential approval of GnRH antagonists, they still foresee that unmet needs will persist. Being orally active is a major benefit for GnRH antagonists. As such GlobalData foresees they will rapidly shift market share away from GnRH agonists. However their price will limit penetration in other patient segments. Ultimately, since none of the marketed, off-label, or pipeline drugs are curative, significant opportunity will remain for safe, efficacious therapies that target the root cause of the condition.
In 2012, the global market was largely dominated by the US, with sales of $1.1bn. Combined sales in the 5EU were estimated to be $137.6m. By 2017, GlobalData forecasts global endometriosis therapeutics sales to grow slowly to $1.2bn at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.19%.
Inquiry for more information visit: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/globaldata/opportunityanalyzer-endometriosis-opportunity-analysis-and-forecasts-2017
Key Questions Answered
- The endometriosis therapeutics market has had weak competition due to a lack of approved therapies, and high rates of off-label drug use. What are the underlying unmet needs in this market? What opportunities will remain after elagolix is launched?
- The late-stage pipeline is comprised of GnRH antagonists. What sort of impact will these therapies have on this market? Which will emerge as market leaders? How will these products fare against existing therapies?
- The endometriosis therapeutics market has considerable unmet needs due to low diagnosis rates, minimal disease awareness, and lack of a well-tolerated long-term treatment options. Which drivers and barriers will affect the market landscape? What trends can be expected in each of US and 5EU?
- The single most important driver of growth will be the launch of novel agents with superior safety and more convenient oral formulations
- GnRH agonists will rapidly shift market share from GnRH agonists however their price will limit penetration in other patient share segments
- Incomplete knowledge regarding disease pathogenesis and pathophysiology creates a major obstacle in the development of novel therapeutics
- Ultimately, since none of the marketed, off-label, and pipeline drugs are curative, significant opportunity will remain for safe, efficacious therapies that target the root cause of the condition.
- Overview of endometriosis, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized endometriosis therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy, and top line US and 5EU market forecasts from 2012 to 2017.
- Key topics covered include: strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, and implications for the endometriosis therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global endometriosis therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global endometriosis therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global endometriosis therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global endometriosis therapeutics market from 2012-2017.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Spanning over 138 pages, 40 tables and 8 figures, “OpportunityAnalyzer: Endometriosis - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2017” report covering the Disease Overview, Epidemiology, Current Treatment Options, Unmet Needs Assessment and Opportunity Analysis, Pipeline Assessment, Pipeline Valuation Analysis, Appendix.
Find All Therapeutic Reports at- http://www.marketresearchreports.com/therapeutic
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/subscribe-to-newsletter
Follow us on Vimeo : http://vimeo.com/marketresearchreports