Lewes, DE -- (ReleaseWire) -- 04/03/2014 -- France is the world’s most visited country and the third-largest in terms of income generated from tourism, according to Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), with around 80 million foreign tourists visit France on an annual basis. The economy underwent a slowdown in 2008-2009, with a prolonged impact on the overall financial services industry.
The economy showed signs of recovery and emerged from the slowdown to record GDP growth of 0.15% in 2013. Forecast-period economic growth is expected to result in more investments in the cards and payments industry.
In terms of number of cards in circulation, the card payments channel as a whole grew at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.20% during the review period (2009–2013), primarily driven by the prepaid and debit card categories. The credit and charge card categories registered a decline during the review period. The slow growth was primarily the result of the financial and European debt crises.
During the review period, prepaid cards registered the highest growth, at a CAGR of 6.84% and debit cards posted a CAGR of 5.95%. The industry is expected to post a forecast-period (2014–2018) CAGR of 3.83%, driven primarily by the debit cards category which is expected to post a CAGR of 5.13%. The prepaid cards category is projected to post a forecast-period CAGR of 3.99%, while credit cards are expected to register a CAGR of -1.21%. The charge cards category declined at a review-period CAGR of -5.85% and is expected to register a forecast-period CAGR of 2.71%.
Browse this report: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/timetric/frances-cards-and-payments-industry-emerging-opportunities-trends-size-drivers-strategies
The report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into France’s cards and payments industry, including:
- Current and forecast values for each category of France’s cards and payments industry, including debit cards, credit cards and prepaid cards
- Comprehensive analysis of the industry’s market attractiveness and future growth areas
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing France’s cards and payments industry
- Detailed analysis of the marketing strategies adopted for selling debit, credit and prepaid cards used by banks and other institutions in the market
- Comprehensive analysis of consumer attitudes and buying preferences for cards
- The competitive landscape of France’s cards and payments industry
- This report provides a comprehensive analysis of France’s cards and payments industry.
- It provides current values for France’s cards and payments industry for 2013, and forecast figures for 2018.
- It details the different economic, infrastructural and business drivers affecting France’s cards and payments industry.
- It outlines the current regulatory framework in the industry.
- It details the marketing strategies used by various banks and other institutions.
- It profiles the major banks in France’s cards and payments industry.
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using top-level historic and forecast market data related to France’s cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities within France’s cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in France’s cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights in to the marketing strategies used for selling various card types in France.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing France’s cards and payments industry.
- In terms of number of cards in circulation, the highest market share in 2013 was occupied by the prepaid card category which accounted for 46.0% and is expected to grow at a forecast-period CAGR of 3.99% to reach 147.7 million cards in 2018. In terms of cards in circulation, the prepaid cards category grew from 91.2 million cards in 2009 to 118.8 million cards in 2013. The debit card category exhibited the second-highest share in 2013 and is expected to post a forecast-period CAGR of 5.13%. During the review period, the number of debit cards in circulation grew from 70.8 million in 2009 to 89.2 million in 2013, at a CAGR of 5.95%.
- In partnership with Banque Accord, BNP Paribas, and Crédit Agricole, Natural Security (user-authentication technology provider) launched a pilot project in October 2012, combining a smart payment card, biometrics and mid-range contactless communication in France. The pilot was completed in March 2013 with the participation of more than 900 consumers. The output was positive and over 90% of users were in favor of adopting the payment method.
- Supermarket chains such as Leroy Merlin and the Auchan Group have launched test biometric payment systems. Customers can make payments through the system by scanning their fingerprints instead of a card. An exchange of data takes place between the card account and the fingerprint reader as soon as the customer places their hand on the scanner, resulting in high levels of customer privacy and security.
- To encourage philanthropy, many French banks offer cards specifically focused on such activities. Banks target customers involved in charitable activities to provide specialized cards for charitable programs. La Banque Postale offers a card whereby the cardholder can make donations associated with Unicef. An annual contribution of EUR2 is donated along with the card’s annual fee.
- Multi-functionality cards are attracting customers by providing access to several accounts via one card. The most popular combination of functionalities is debit and credit facilities. This concept was first offered in Australia and then adopted by other countries. Crédit Agricole is offering MasterCard Dual Action, a credit card which can be used as a debit card by selecting the ‘Cash’ option at payment terminals.
Spanning Over 99 pages, 61 tables, 69 figures, “France's Cards and Payments Industry: Emerging Opportunities, Trends, Size, Drivers, Strategies, Products and Competitive Landscape” report covering the Analysis of Industry Environment, Key Trends and Drivers, Cards and Payments Industry Share Analysis, Regulatory Framework and Card Fraud Statistics, Emerging Consumer Attitudes and Trends, Analysis of Card Payments and Growth Prospects, Analysis of Credit Card Payments and Growth Prospects, Analysis of Debit Card Payments and Growth Prospects, Analysis of Charge Card Payments and Growth Prospects, Analysis of Prepaid Card Payments and Growth Prospects, Merchant Acquiring, Company Profiles of Card Issuers, Appendix. The report covered 7 companies - Crédit Agricole, BNP Paribas, Société Générale, La Banque Postale, Crédit Mutuel, MasterCard, Visa
Find other Banking and Finance Reports: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/banking-finance
Find other reports on France Market at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/countries/france
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/subscribe-to-newsletter
For Banking and Finance Reports: http://www.linkedin.com/company/banking-&-finance-reports