Lewes, DE -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/05/2014 -- Life insurance is the second-largest segment in the Maltese insurance industry, accounting for 23.6% of the industry’s gross written premium in 2013. Life insurance penetration rose from 3.7% in 2009 to 4.8% in 2013, and is expected to reach 5.4% by 2018. The gross written premium registered by the life segment is expected to increase at a forecast-period CAGR of 6.9%. Individual whole life was the dominant category in the life segment, accounting for 88.9% of the segment’s total written premium in 2013.
The report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Maltese life insurance segment, including:
- The Maltese life insurance segment’s growth prospects by life insurance categories
- Key trends and drivers for the life insurance segment
- The various distribution channels in the Maltese life insurance segment
- The detailed competitive landscape in the life insurance segment in Malta
- Detailed regulatory policies of the Maltese insurance industry
- A description of the life reinsurance segment in Malta
- Porter's Five Forces analysis of the life insurance segment
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the life insurance segment in Malta:
- It provides historical values for the Maltese life insurance segment for the report’s 2009–2013 review period and projected figures for the 2013–2018 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in the Maltese life insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2018.
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
- It analyses the various distribution channels for life insurance products in Malta.
- Using Porter’s industry-standard “Five Forces” analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Malta for the life insurance business.
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in Malta and its growth prospects.
- It profiles the top life insurance companies in Malta and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons to Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the Maltese life insurance segment and each category within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Maltese life insurance segment
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the life insurance segment, along with the reinsurance segment
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Maltese insurance industry and its impact on companies and the market's future
- Life insurance is the second-largest segment in the Maltese insurance industry, accounting for 23.6% of the industry’s gross written premium in 2013.
- Individual whole life was the dominant category in the life segment, accounting for 88.9% of the segment’s total written premium in 2013.
- Malta’s growing economy is expected to have a positive impact on the life segment.
- Maltese life insurers are mostly dependent on bancassurance for selling new life policies, which accounted for 54.2% of the gross written premium from new business in 2013.
- The Maltese life insurance segment contains both domestic and foreign insurers. As of 2012, nine insurers were licensed to conduct life insurance business in the country.
Spanning over the 218 pages, “Life Insurance in Malta, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018” report covering the Maltese Insurance Industry Attractiveness, Life Insurance Outlook, Analysis by Distribution Channel, Porter’s Five Forces Analysis – Maltese Life Insurance, Reinsurance Growth Dynamics and Challenges, Governance, Risk and Compliance, Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights, Business Environment and Country Risk, Appendix. The report covered 5 companies - Middlesea Insurance Plc, GlobalCapital Plc, HSBC Life Insurance (Malta) Ltd, MSV Life Plc, Citadel Insurance Plc
Browse this report: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/timetric/life-insurance-malta-key-trends-and-opportunities-2018
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
Follow us on Google+ at: https://plus.google.com/+Marketresearchreports