Lewes, DE -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/12/2014 -- The New Zealand card payments channel registered positive growth during the review period (2009–2013), recording a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.71% to reach 15.0 million cards in circulation by the end of 2013. In terms of transaction value, the card payments channel valued NZD86.3 billion (US$70.9 billion) in 2013, after registering a CAGR of 2.81% during the review period. Improved banking infrastructure and the increasing acceptance of card-based payments in merchant outlets were key factors for the growth of the card payments channel.
In terms of transaction value, debit cards accounted for the highest share during review period with 66.5% in 2013, and are expected to maintain this over the forecast period. The category is expected to grow at a forecast-period CAGR of 1.05% from NZD58.3 billion in 2014 to NZD60.8 billion in 2018. The second-highest share in terms of transaction value was held by credit cards with 27.7%, followed by charge cards with 5.5% and prepaid cards with 0.3%.
The number point of sale (POS) terminals in New Zealand recorded a review-period CAGR of 0.99%, and is expected to post a forecast-period CAGR of 3.12%. Transaction volumes and values for credit, debit and charge cards are growing more at POS terminals than at automatic teller machines (ATMs), indicating the rising adoption of electronic payments in New Zealand.
Card fraud in New Zealand increased at a review-period CAGR of 7.05%. The card-not-present fraud value posted the highest growth rate of 16.05% during the review period. Card ID theft value also increased during review period, while counterfeit card, and card lost or stolen fraud values fell.
For more information see - http://www.marketresearchreports.com/timetric/new-zealands-cards-and-payments-industry-emerging-opportunities-trends-size-drivers
The report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights on New Zealand's cards and payments industry, including:
- Current and forecast values for each category of New Zealand's cards and payments industry, including debit cards, credit cards, charge cards and prepaid cards
- Comprehensive analysis of the industry’s market attractiveness and future growth areas
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing New Zealand's cards and payments industry
- Detailed analysis of the marketing strategies adopted for selling debit, credit, charge and prepaid cards used by banks and other institutions in the market
- Comprehensive analysis of consumer attitudes and buying preferences for cards
- The competitive landscape of New Zealand's cards and payments industry
- This report provides a comprehensive analysis of New Zealand's cards and payments industry.
- It provides current values for New Zealand's cards and payments industry for 2013, and forecast figures for 2018.
- It details the different economic, infrastructural and business drivers affecting New Zealand's cards and payments industry.
- It outlines the current regulatory framework in the industry.
- It details the marketing strategies used by various banks and other institutions.
- It profiles the major banks in New Zealand's cards and payments industry.
Reasons to Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using top-level historic and forecast market data related to New Zealand's cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities within New Zealand's cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in New Zealand's cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights in to the marketing strategies used for selling various card types in New Zealand.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing New Zealand's cards and payments industry.
Find all Banking and Finance Reports at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/banking-finance
Spanning over 102 pages, “New Zealand's Cards and Payments Industry: Emerging Opportunities, Trends, Size, Drivers, Strategies, Products and Competitive Landscape” report covering the Analysis of Industry Environment, Key Trends and Drivers, Cards and Payments Industry Share Analysis, Regulatory Framework and Card Fraud Statistics, Emerging Consumer Attitudes and Trends, Analysis of Card Payments and Growth Prospects, Analysis of Credit Card Payments and Growth Prospects, Analysis of Debit Card Payments and Growth Prospects, Analysis of Charge Card Payments and Growth Prospects, Analysis of Prepaid Card Payments and Growth Prospects, Merchant Acquiring, Company Profiles of Card Issuers, Appendix. The report covered 10 companies - ANZ Bank New Zealand, Bank of New Zealand, Westpac New Zealand, ASB Bank New Zealand, Kiwibank New Zealand, Eftpos, American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa.
Find other Reports on New Zealand Market at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/countries/new-zealand
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
Follow us on LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/company/market-research-reports-inc-