Lewes, DE -- (ReleaseWire) -- 03/26/2014 -- The digital pathology is a new technology that has digitalized the instruments used in the pathology labs for testing. The digitalization has led to the automation of the tests done during the diagnosis procedures. For example, a single digital instrument operated by a single pathologist can perform tests that were previously done using five instruments. The global digital pathology market, valued at $1.98 billion in 2012, is estimated to reach $5.7 billion by 2020. Automation in the conventional methods of pathology is the major driving force of this market, which has resulted in workflow efficiency, efficiency in analysis. Thus, resulting in fast and accurate results of the pathology tests. The other driving factors of this market are diagnosis that can be provided to patients in the remote regions and reduction in the cost of diagnosis. The cost includes procedure cost and the cost involved in delivery of the slides & data. The major limitation of the digital pathology market is the stringent regulations involved during the approval of digital pathology systems. The other limitation is the cost involved in the integration of DPS in the pathology labs. The challenges faced by the DP market are standardization and interoperability of the technology as the formats differ from region to region.
Know more about this report at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/allied-market-research/global-digital-pathology-market-components-end-users-and-geography-global
The digital pathology market is segmented into components, end users and geography. The products market consists of the Whole slide imaging (WSI), Image analysis- informatics and Storage, communication and integrated platforms. The WSI is the highest revenue generating market among the segments; however, image analysis-informatics market is expected to have the highest growth potential. The end users market is segmented into pharmaceutical research, clinical organizations and educational institutes. The pharmaceutical research is the highest revenue generating market and is also expected to have the highest growth potential. The geography market is dominated by the North American region, which is the highest revenue generating region; however, Asian market is expected to have the highest CAGR during the analysis period.
- In-depth analysis of the digital pathology market, which is segmented on the basis of products, end users and geographies are discussed in the report at a greater length
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2013-2020, Thus helping digital pathology systems manufacturers to analyze the market
- Assessment and ranking of the factors affecting the global market and their impact on the digital pathology market
- Study on the bargaining power of buyers and suppliers in the market, based on porter’s five force analysis. Thus helping digital pathology systems manufacturers to analyze the market
- Analysis of trends in various geographic segments that would help the companies to plan their strategies depending on the region
- SWOT and competitive analysis of the key players, which would help stakeholders to understand trends followed by their competitors and take actionable decisions.
Key Market Segments -
By Components -
- Whole slide imaging (WSI)
- Image analysis- informatics
- Storage, and communication and integrated platforms
By End-Users -
- Pharmaceutical research
- Clinical organizations
- Educational institutes
By Geography -
- North America
Spanning Over 83 pages, 27 tables, 21 figures, “Global Digital Pathology Market (Components, End-Users and Geography) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Growth Trends, Share, Opportunities and Forecast 2012 – 2020” report covering the Global Digital Pathology Market Overview, Global Digital Pathology Market By Products, Global Digital Pathology Market By End Users, Global Digital Pathology Market By Geography, Company Profiles. The report covered 10 companies - Definiens AG, Digipath, Inc., Leica Microsystems Gmbh, Ventana medical systems, Inc., Nikon Corporation, Visiopharm, Philips healthcare, Indica Labs, Inc, Omnyx LLC, 3DHISTECH, Ltd.
Find other Diagnostics Reports at : http://www.marketresearchreports.com/diagnostics
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For regular industry updates subscribe to our newsletter at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/subscribe-to-newsletter
For latest market research videos visit: http://www.marketresearch.tv