Woodbridge, NJ -- (ReleaseWire) -- 01/22/2014 -- Many people these days are turning to natural medicine instead of popular pharmaceutical drugs. For many different reasons, people throughout the world are turning to the natural healing of herbs to help treat conditions and disorders. Now the Academy of Natural Health Sciences has an online home-study program for students to received certification as a Master Herbalist.
According to Herbal Gram, herbal supplement sales in the United States was a $5 billion in 2011 and continues to grow. With the program at the Academy of Natural Health Sciences, students will learn a holistic approach to medicine through a nine-series course.
Sections of the Master Herbalist training includes:
- Section 1: Human Anatomy and Physiology – Students will learn subjects that include the integumentary system, endocrine system, nervous system, cardiovascular system and more.
- Section 2: Herbal Theory and Practice – Students will learn the power and history of herbal use, herbal classifications, chemical properties, herbal preparations and herbal formulas.
- Section 3: Healthy Nutrition and Lifestyle – Students will learn basic nutrition techniques and structures, different diets based on region and life choices, lower carbohydrate eating, lower cholesterol eating, and more.
- Section 4: Herbal Detoxification – In this course, students learn the need for detoxification, the danger of toxic overload, origins or detoxification, the role of herbs and supplements, herbal education, and more.
- Section 5: Diseases, Drugs and Herbs – Students will learn diseases and prescription drugs, drugs and herbal comparisons, diseases, single herbs and combination herbal protocols, body systems herbology, anti-parasite and anti-viral herbs, adaptogen herbs, and much more.
- Section 6: The Herbal Health Consultation – In this course, students learn the use of an herbal health consultation questionnaire and how to evaluate herbal health consultation questionnaires.
- Section 7: Herbalist Jurisprudence and Ethics – Students will learn what a Master Herbalist can and cannot do. Students learn how to practice legally and how to avoid the practice of medicine.
- Section 8: Herbalist Practicum – In this course, students are required to do ten herbal consulting sessions with friends and family.
- Section 9: Practice Building Strategies – Students will learn legal issues, strategies of office locations, record keeping and much more.
This 300-hour diploma is great for those looking to sell supplements or those that work in spas, wellness centers, consulting services and specialty stores.
For more information or to sign up to study for the Master Herbalist Program today, visit
About Academy of Natural Health Sciences
The Academy of Natural Health Sciences offers a three hundred hour master herbalist program. This certified study provides theoretical and practical knowledge to individuals who want to make a career in this field.
Learn more about how to become a herbalist and the full online training offered by Academy of Natural Health Sciences …
Academy of Natural Health Sciences
102 Green Street
Woodbridge, NJ 07095