Naperville, IL -- (ReleaseWire) -- 05/14/2014 -- Reportstack, provider of premium market research reports announces the addition of MediPoint: Companion Diagnostic Tests in Oncology - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts market report to its offering
MediPoint: Companion Diagnostic Tests in Oncology - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
A companion diagnostic test is defined as an in vitro diagnostic device or an imaging tool whose use allows the safe application of a therapy. In-vitro Companion Diagnostic tests measure the expression or presence of a specific biomarker that is linked to a disease condition or therapy. This report provides an analysis of the companion diagnostic market for four major cancers in the US, the 5EU (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and UK), Brazil, and the some of the Asia-Pacific (APAC) regions (Japan, China, and India), and identifies the unmet needs in this companion diagnostics market. This report analyses companion diagnostic tests used in breast, colorectal, melanoma and non-small cell lung cancer. This report also discusses physician attitudes towards current companion diagnostic tests, and the future of companion diagnostic tests. This report focuses on the major test kits that are supplied to pathology laboratories.
Key Questions Answered
- Global cancer incidence is expected to rise. (Q).What role will companion diagnostic tests for play in the forecast period to tackle this global issue? (Q).How many procedures of companion diagnostic tests will be performed in the ten major markets covered in the report?
- What are the reasons to develop a Companion Diagnostic Test. (Q).What motivates companies to develop a companion diagnostic; physician demand or legislative requirement?
- What strategies are adopted in developing a new companion diagnostics test. (Q).When and how is a companion diagnostic test developed? (Q).Who are the stakeholders? (Q).What are the relationships between Big Pharma and Diagnostic test developers?
- (Q).What technologies underpin companion diagnostic tests?. (Q).What are the common technologies used? Which are the most in demand, across all tests. (Q).What are the emerging technologies?
- What Companion Diagnostic tests are available in breast cancer, colorectal cancer, melanoma and non-small cell lung cancer. (Q).Which are the leading tests? (Q).How are the tests performed
- Where are companion diagnostics offered. (Q).What disease is likely to see the most demand for Companion diagnostics, which the least? (Q).Which countries are likely to adopt companion diagnostic tests?
- What do physicians think of currently offered companion. (Q).What are the perceived strengths, weaknesses? (Q).What are the unmet needs?
- The Companion Diagnostic test market for the 4 named cancers will grow at a CAGR of 4.9% over the forecast period. Developed regions, like US and EU showing lowest growth rates. While China and Brazil showing maximum growth rates.
- Breast cancer HER2 testing dominates in terms of volume, but has been overtaken in terms of value by non-small cell lung cancer companion diagnostic testing, mostly for EGFR mutation status.
- The market growth for companion diagnostic testing in the US and EU is heavily dependent on the acceptance into diagnostic guidelines and the stabilisation of test reimbursement. Growth in developing economies is dependant upon patient access to laboratory testing and growth of professional pathology services
- Overview of companion diagnostic tests in oncology, including core technologies, estimated procedure trends and disease overview.
- Current and Future Players Companies involved in the space with portfolio assessment and SWOT analysis.
- Pipeline analysis: Late-stage pipeline products with SWOT analysis and physician perception
- Other Key topics covered include identification of unmet needs, implications on the companion diagnostic market and how they may be overcome in the near future
- Analysis of the market opportunities in addition to Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications
Reasons to buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the companion diagnostic cancer test market
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, and companies likely to impact the cancer companion diagnostic test market in the future
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships
To view the table of contents for this market research report please visit