Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/17/2014 -- According to the National Statistics Office, 2013 saw the lowest number of new-born babies in Bulgaria since 1945. 57,000 babies were born in the country in 2013. Negative demographics combined with economic difficulties stifled category growth. Nappies/diapers penetration in the country was lower than comparable countries like Romania and Hungary. Of the households who use nappies/diapers, 54% use three or less per day. Many consumers continued to prefer reusable nappies/diapers, while its popularity increased due to its ecologically sustainable image.
The five biggest players on the market in terms of value sales are Procter & Gamble Bulgaria EOOD with 54%, SCA Hygiene Holding AB with 11%, Ficosota Syntez with 9%, Palomita AD with 6%, and Kimberly-Clark Corp with 4% share. Competition within nappies/diapers is very mature with 84% of sales accounted for by the top five, of which more than half by Procter & Gamble Bulgaria. Procter & Gamble's lead can be explained by the tendency of first-time parents tend to choose the best quality products. Pampers is one of the premium brands and is by far the best known. It offers various package deals, a wide variety of sizes, both nappies/diapers and disposable pants. The brand comprises three product lines: premium, standard and economy.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Nappies/diapers is expected to see marginal volume CAGR throughout the forecast period. The marginal decline in constant value CAGR for 2013-2018 is slightly better than the -2% CAGR in the review period. As retail price competition increases, a wider choice of different brands is becoming available in stores, while price levels decrease and economy offers become even more frequent. Price promotions by leading players with brands such as Pampers, Libero, Huggies and Pufies are expected to be important to competition. This trend will keep unit prices low and restrict value growth.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Nappies/Diapers/Pants industry in Bulgaria with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Nappies/Diapers/Pants industry in Bulgaria, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Nappies/Diapers/Pants in Bulgaria market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Nappies/Diapers/Pants in Bulgaria?
- What are the major brands in Bulgaria?
- How are decreasing birth rates in developed economies impact the sales of nappies/diapers/pants?
- Which countries offer the biggest potential for environmentally friendly nappies/diapers?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Disposable Pants, Nappies/Diapers.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- In-Car Entertainment in Hungary
- Photographic Camera Markets in Eastern Europe to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Photographic Camera Markets in Americas to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Photographic Camera Markets in the Top 5 Asian Countries to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global Beverage Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Beverage Industry
- Photographic Camera Markets in Western Europe to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global Food Industry Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Food Industry
- Photographic Camera Markets in the World to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Photographic Camera Markets in the Top 5 European Countries to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Photographic Camera Markets in Asia to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts