Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/10/2014 -- Sales of air treatment products grew by 2% in volume and 10% in current value in 2013, following a 3% growth in volume sales in 2012. The demand for air treatment products is very seasonal and depends on the summer temperatures. The 2013 summer season was not as hot as the previous summer, thus the growth in the sales of cooling appliances was slower than in 2012. The growth of air treatment products was also supported by the handover of a substantial number of new homes during the review period, which drove demand for appliances like air treatment products. However, the extremely low penetration of 2% of air conditioners means that it is not surprising that sales continued to grow during the economic crisis.
Air treatment products is very fragmented in 2013. It is led by Westwood, whose brand is becoming increasingly popular. Its volume share of 13% surpassed brands such as Rohnson, Whirlpool and, LG. The latter two higher positioned brands enjoyed growing preference among consumers in 2013. Consumers tend to opt for higher warranty periods the higher-end brands offer and make the purchase of air conditioners as a long-term investment. LG Electronics Romania SA had 8% volume share in 2013, while Vassilias (Rohnson brand) had 7% volume share.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Air treatment products is expected to record positive growth over the forecast period. Air treatment products is expected to increase in volume by 4% CAGR over the forecast period, rising to 156,000 units by the end of 2018, while constant value sales are set to grow by 6% CAGR to RON157 million. Among the main categories, split air conditioners is expected to record the highest volume growth over the forecast period, growing by a CAGR of 5%.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Air Treatment Products industry in Romania with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Air Treatment Products industry in Romania, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Air Treatment Products in Romania market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Air Treatment Products in Romania?
- What are the major brands in Romania?
- Are split air conditioners taking share from room and window units?
- Is construction a key retail channel for distribution in Romania?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Air Purifiers, Cooling, Dehumidifiers, Humidifiers, Other Air Treatment Products.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Air Treatment Products in Saudi Arabia
- Air Treatment Products in the Czech Republic
- Air Treatment Products in Russia
- Air Treatment Products in South Korea
- Air Treatment Products in Japan
- Air Treatment Products in Portugal
- Air Treatment Products in Austria
- Air Treatment Products in Malaysia
- Air Treatment Products in Ukraine
- Air Treatment Products in Italy