Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 10/24/2012 -- This report is a thorough analysis of the Indonesian Wealth Management and Private Banking sector, and the opportunities and challenges that it faces.
- As of 2011, there were just over 37,400 HNWIs in Indonesia, with a combined wealth of US$241 billion.
- The global private banking industry was estimated to have AuM of just over US$16.5 trillion in 2011. The Indonesian wealth management sector accounts for approximately US$16.6 billion of this, which equates to 0.1% of the global total.
- WealthInsight's research shows that a large proportion of local wealth is currently held offshore, mostly in Singapore-based private banks. HNWIs remain invested in Singapore for reasons such as tax avoidance and risk diversification, but also due to higher product sophistication across the straits.
- Private Banks such as Credit Suisse, Julius Baer and UBS have been quick to develop their presence in Indonesia. Other international private banks such as JPMorgan Chase and Merrill Lynch still serve Indonesia's HNWIs from Singapore.
- The leading locally based private banks are Bank Mandiri, Bank Negara and Bank DBS Indonesia.
- The capital, Jakarta, has by far the most wealth management head offices with 24, followed by Medan with two offices.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The report features:
- Independent market sizing of Indonesian HNWIs across five wealth bands
- Number of wealth managers in each city
- City wise ratings of wealth management saturation and potential
- Details of the development, challenges and opportunities of the Wealth Management and Private Banking sector in Indonesia
- Size of local wealth management industry
- Detailed wealth management and family office information
- Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
Reasons to Get this Report
- The WealthInsight Intelligence Center Database is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the Database comprises up to one hundred data-points on over 100,000 HNWIs from around the world. It also includes profiles on major private banks, wealth managers and family offices in each country. With the Database as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
- Comprehensive forecasts to 2016.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Bank Capital, Bank DBS Indonesia, Bank Mandiri, Bank Windu, Citibank Indonesia, Credit Suisse, JPMorgan Chase, Julius Baer, Merrill Lynch, UBS
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Financial Services research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in France
- Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Australia
- Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in South Africa
- Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Hong Kong
- Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Germany
- Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in China
- Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in India
- Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in the UK
- Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Russia
- Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Singapore