Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/16/2014 -- While generics continuing to play a big role in other categories such as analgesics, in digestive remedies, generics are not so popular amongst consumers. The reason behind the popularity that branded medicines enjoy in digestive remedies is linked to consumers not being familiar with the active principle/ingredient present in digestive remedies. While consumers are widely familiar with active principle for analgesics, such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen, they are not familiar with Dimeticona or Brometo de N-Butilescopolamina. As a result, the branded products for the former active principle/ingredients drew the attention of consumers.
GlaxoSmithKline Brasil continued to hold the leading position in digestive remedies in 2013, with 15% value share, mainly driven by the large popularity of its brands Sal de Fruta Eno and Sonrisal, which combined to hold 46% of total value share for antacids in 2013.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Following the same trend perceived in 2012, digestive remedies will continue to grow driven by changes in eating habits, combined with the higher disposable incomes of the middle-classes. Innovations such as new formats, single dose packaging and different flavours are also likely to contribute to a good performance of the category in the near future. Digestive remedies is expected to post a value CAGR of 5% in constant 2013 prices over the forecast period, to reach R$2.4 billion in 2018.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Digestive Remedies industry in Brazil with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Digestive Remedies industry in Brazil, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Digestive Remedies in Brazil market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Digestive Remedies in Brazil?
- What are the major brands in Brazil?
- Are there any herbal/traditional home-made digestive remedies, like charcoal, which compete strongly with standard medicinal products?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Diarrhoeal Remedies, IBS Treatments, Indigestion and Heartburn Remedies, Laxatives, Motion Sickness Remedies, Paediatric Digestive Remedies.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Digestive Remedies in Israel
- Digestive Remedies in the United Kingdom
- Digestive Remedies in Belgium
- Digestive Remedies in Portugal
- Digestive Remedies in South Korea
- Digestive Remedies in the Czech Republic
- Digestive Remedies in Ukraine
- Digestive Remedies in Mexico
- Digestive Remedies in the United Arab Emirates
- Digestive Remedies in Slovakia