Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/30/2014 -- The UK's non-life insurance segment was the second-largest in the country's insurance industry, accounting for 27.3% of the gross written premium in 2013. The UK's non-life segment was the fourth-largest in the world after the US, Japan and China in terms of gross written premium in 2012. The gross written premium of the non-life segment increased at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.1% during the review period (2009-2013).
The increase was partly due to country's infrastructure development, construction activities for the Olympic Games in 2012, rising car sales, and growing exports. Also, due to heavy flood losses in 2012 and 2013, companies recorded an increase in purchase of property insurance products that supported the growth of property insurance during the review period.
- The UK's non-life insurance segment was the second-largest in the country's insurance industry, accounting for 27.3% of the gross written premium in 2013.
- Insurers' growth will be challenged by continuing floods and extreme weather conditions in the country, which is expected to increase claims over the forecast period (2013-2018).
- In 2013, property insurance accounted for 39.8% of non-life insurance gross written premium.
- Due to heavy flood losses in 2012, companies recorded an increase in purchase of property and environmental impairment liability insurance.
- The segment is fragmented, with the 10 leading insurers accounting for 62.0% of the total segment's gross written premiums in 2012.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the non-life insurance segment in the UK
- It provides historical values for the UK's non-life insurance segment for the report's 2009-2013 review period and forecast figures for the 2013-2018 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categiories in the UK's non-life insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2018.
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
- It analyses the various distribution channels for non-life insurance products in the UK.
- Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape in the UK for the non-life insurance segment.
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in the UK and its growth prospects.
- It profiles the top non-life insurance companies in the UK and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the UK non-life insurance segment and each category within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the UK non-life insurance segment
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the non-life insurance segment, along with the reinsurance segment
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories - Gain insights into key regulations governing the UK insurance industry and its impact on companies and the market's future
Companies Mentioned in this Report
Aviva Plc, Direct Line Insurance Group Plc, RSA Insurance Group Plc, Axa UK Plc, Zurich Insurance Co. (UK) Ltd, AIG Europe Ltd, Allianz (UK) Ltd, Ageas (UK) Ltd, Bupa (British United Provident Association) Ltd, Liverpool Victoria Insurance Company Ltd
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Insurance research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports
- Non-Life Insurance in Indonesia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Life Insurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Life Insurance in Indonesia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Life Insurance in Germany, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Non-Life Insurance in Germany, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Life Insurance in the Czech Republic, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Indonesia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Life Insurance in Hungary, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Life Insurance in Turkey, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018