Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 01/16/2014 -- This report is a thorough analysis of Italy's Wealth Management and Private Banking sector, and the opportunities and challenges that it faces.
- In 2012, real estate was the largest asset class for HNWIs in Italy with 25.7% of total HNWI assets, followed by equities with 18.2%, fixed-income with 17.3%, cash with 16.9%, business interests with 11.1%, and alternatives with 10.7%.
- Alternatives, equities and fixed-income products recorded the strongest growth during the review period.
- Alternative assets held by Italian HNWIs increased during the review period, from 8.4% of total HNWI assets in 2008 to 10.7% in 2012; HNWI allocations to commodities increased from 2.1% of total assets in 2008 to 2.7% in 2012.
- Over the forecast period, WealthInsight expects allocations in commodities to decline to 2.0% of total HNWI assets by 2017, as global liquidity tightens due to a forecast near-term drop in demand from China for raw materials that will cause global commodity prices to flatten out.
- As of 2012, Italian HNWI liquid assets amounted to US$297 billion, representing 26.7% of wealth holdings.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Independent market sizing of Italy HNWIs across five wealth bands
- HNWI volume and wealth trends from 2008 to 2012
- HNWI volume and wealth forecasts to 2017
- HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
- Number of UHNWIs in each state and all major cities
- Fastest growing cities and states for UHNWIs (2008-2012)
- Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
Reasons to Get This Report
- The WealthInsight Intelligence Center Database is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 60,000 HNWIs from around the world.
- The Intelligence Center also includes tracking of wealth and liquidity events as they happen and detailed profiles of major private banks, wealth managers and family offices in each market.
- With the Database as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
- Report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2017.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Intesa Sanpaolo Private Banking, Banca Fideuram SpA, UBI Private Banking, UniCredit Private Banking, Banca Aletti Private Banking, Banca Generali, Ersel Private Bank, Mediobanca Private Banking, Banca Intermobiliare di Investimenti e Gestioni SpA, MPS Private Banking, Banca Leonardo Private Banking, Banca Euromobiliare, Banca Popolare di Sondrio Private Banking, Banca Profilo Private Banking
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Financial Services research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Colombia 2013: The wealth management sector in Colombia is split between private banks, wealth managers and family offices.
- Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Singapore 2013: Key challenges for Singapore are raising costs and stagnating income levels
- Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Israel 2013
- Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Turkey 2013
- Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Australia 2013
- Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in the US 2013
- Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Spain 2013
- Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in the United Kingdom 2013
- Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Hong Kong 2013
- Challenges and Opportunities for the Wealth Sector in Mexico 2013