Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/01/2014 -- In September 2012 Progressive Enterprises announced its intention to establish a joint-venture partnership with Lindsay Smith (pharmacist) to begin offering prescription and pharmacy-only medicines at selected Countdown supermarkets. The new retail banner will be known as Countdown Pharmacy, and will be operated by trained and registered pharmacists. The company opened its first two Countdown Pharmacy outlets in Newton, Wellington and Rangitikei Street, Palmerston North in December 2012. Countdown Pharmacy outlets have extended opening hours in line with Countdown supermarkets, from 09.00hrs to 20.00hrs, seven days a week. During 2013 two new Countdown Pharmacy outlets were added.
Domestic retail brands continued to dominate health and beauty specialist retailers in 2013, with the top two players Pharmacybrands and Health 2000+ being New Zealand companies. Combined, these two players held a 26% value share in 2013.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The entrance of Progressive Enterprises to the chemists/pharmacies channel with its Countdown Pharmacy brand is expected to impact health and beauty specialist retailers over the forecast period. With an extensive network of approximately 166 Countdown outlets the new launch represents a potential threat to existing chemists/pharmacies as this will intensify competition within the category. The convenience factor will be attractive to consumers, being able to fill prescriptions and buy OTC products while picking up every day groceries, such as bread and milk. This will present a sizeable challenge to major chemist/pharmacy player Pharmacybrands over the forecast period.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers industry in New Zealand with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers industry in New Zealand, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in New Zealand market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic number of stores, selling space and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- How big is the Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers channel in New Zealand?
- Who are the leading retailers in New Zealand?
- How is consumers? desire to look good and stay health driving sales for health and beauty specialists?
- How are health and beauty specialists? product mixes being adapted to consumers? changing shopping patterns?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Beauty Specialist Retailers, Chemists/Pharmacies, Drugstores/Parapharmacies, Optical Goods Stores, Other Healthcare Specialist Retailers.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Retailing in New Zealand
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in the Czech Republic
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Finland
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Austria
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Indonesia
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Argentina
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Israel
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Hungary
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Japan
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Malaysia