Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 05/09/2014 -- 'Pakistan: Data and VAS to compensate for voice' a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Pakistan's mobile and fixed telecommunications markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Pakistani market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony , broadband and mobile sectors, in addition to a review of key regulatory trends.
- The Pakistani communications market generated an estimated US$4.5bn in revenue in 2013.
- Given the introduction of new technologies and regulatory reforms, we expect the market to grow at a CAGR of 4% from 2013 to 2018, generating cumulative service revenue of $30.46bn during the five years to 2018.
- Mobile penetration will reach 72% at the end of 2013, and mobile service will generate $3.25bn in revenue.
- Fixed voice service generated an estimated $704m in revenue in 2013; we expect the segment to shrink at a CAGR of -8.6% from 2013 to 2018. Revenue from fixed broadband Internet services, meanwhile, will expand at a CAGR of 9% during the period, reaching $259m in 2018.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
"Pakistan: Data and VAS to compensate for voice" provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Pakistan today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2018. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Pakistan's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Pakistan in a regional context; a review of market size and trends compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Pakistan.
- The regulatory environment and trends; a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile; analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice and data markets.
- The service evolution; a look at the change in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed and mobile sectors and by voice, data and video between 2013 and 2018.
- The competitive landscape; an examination of key trends in competition and service providers' performance, revenue market shares and expected moves over the next 18-24 months.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: PTCL, Etisalat, Telenor Group, Mobilink, Zong, Al Warid, Ufone, Telecard.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Wireless research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Mobile Value-added Services (VAS) in the Cloud: Security Challenges, Market Opportunities and Forecasts 2013 - 2018
- LTE Strategy 2013 - 2018
- Central African Republic Mobile Telecom Market: Political Instability Threatens Revenue and VAS Growth
- LTE Business Strategy 2013
- LTE Strategy, Application Roadmap, and Future of 4G
- The Definitive Guide to 4G Technology and LTE Business Intelligence
- Rich Communications Services (RCS): Market Opportunities and Forecast 2013 - 2018
- Voice over LTE (VoLTE) Market Opportunities and Forecast 2013 - 2018
- Security Analytics Market By Types (Network Security, Application Security, Data And Information Security, Physical Security, Mobile Security) - Worldwide Market Forecasts And Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. : Technology and Communications - Company Profile, SWOT and Financial Report