Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/18/2014 -- Gold is the major precious metal mined in the country. Uzbekistan had 3.1% of the world's gold reserves at the end of 2013. In addition, the country has become one of the leading producers of gold, with mine production measuring 2.8 million ounces in 2013, a share of around 3% of global gold mine production. Over 2014-2020, the country's gold mine production is expected to reach 3,241,266 ounces, growing at a CAGR of 2.1%.
- Gold is the major precious metal mined in the country. Uzbekistan had 3.1% of the world's gold reserves at the end of 2013.
- The Qyzilqum fields, Samarqand and Tashkent outskirts are the most prospective locations for gold.
- A major quantity of silver (80.4%) in concentrates originates from the Kalmakyr, Barakaly, Uchkulach and Khandiza fields and from the Kochbulak, Kyzylalmasay, Muruntau gold mines, the rest (19.6%) of the silver is accumulated from the Nukrakon, Kosmanacha, Okjetpes which are purely silver fields.
- Over 2013-2015, NMMC planned to construct a mining complex at the base of Promejutochnoye field of Zarmita gold ore zone (third phase) for an investment of UZS33,060.1 million (US$15.7 million). Eight projects, in their preliminary development stages, were included in the list of prospective investments.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The report contains an overview of Uzbekistan's precious metals mining industry together with the key growth factors and restraints affecting the country's precious metals mining industry. It also provides detailed information about reserves, production, prices, competitive landscape, and major active and development projects. Also included is the country's fiscal regime, which includes governing bodies and relevant laws, mining rights and obligations as well as key fiscal terms.
Reasons to Get this Report
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Navoi Mining and Metallurgical Combinat, Almalyk Mining and Metallurgical Combine
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Precious Metals Mining in Australia to 2020
- Base Metals Mining in Australia to 2020
- Precious Metals Mining in Indonesia to 2020
- Dundee Precious Metals Inc. (DPM) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Amerix Precious Metals Corp. (APM) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Mega Precious Metals Inc. (MGP) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Guyana Precious Metals Inc. (GPM) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Base Metals Mining in Indonesia to 2020
- Base Metals Mining in the Philippines to 2020 - a Focus on the Nickel Industry
- Precious Metals & Minerals in China