Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/06/2014 -- We expect Romania to spend US$2.9bn on defence in 2014. This is an increase on the US$2.7 the defence budget was worth in 2013. In early May 2014, the Romanian government announced that spending increases were necessary as a reaction to the deteriorating security situation in Ukraine. That country has become increasingly unstable since its revolution in Spring 2014 prompted Russia to annex Crimea and covertly support a pro-Moscow uprising in the east of the country.
BMI has given Romania an overall security risk rating of 85 for Q314. The country has a low risk of becoming involved in any major international conflict. It has a similarly low risk from suffering any major terrorist outrage. An equally positive appraisal cannot be given regarding the country's susceptibility, which we continue to judge as comparatively high.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
During early April 2014, Romania argued for a more robust NATO presence in the former Warsaw Pact area. The calls followed Russia's participation in the Ukrainian Revolution of Spring 2014 and Moscow's subsequent annexation of Crimea, along with its covert support of pro-Russian groups in eastern Ukraine. Romania is particularly concerned Russia's actions might indicate an increasingly expansionist strategy from Moscow. As of May 2014, NATO has deployed forces to the Baltic and elsewhere in Central Europe to act as a deterrent to any further moves eastwards by Moscow.
The Romania Defence & Security Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent forecasts for national and international security, the defence industry, military expenditure, employment in arms production, and arms imports and exports, as well as examining industry trends and prospects, national and multinational arms producers and the regulatory environment.
BMI's Romania Defence & Security Report provides professionals, consultancies, government departments, regulatory bodies and researchers with independent forecasts and regional competitive intelligence on the Romanian defence and security industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent defence and security industry forecasts on Romania to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and strategic business planning in the Romanian defence and security market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Romanian defence and security sector through reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Romania.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity).
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Defense research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Egypt Defence & Security Report Q3 2014
- Iran Defence & Security Report Q3 2014
- Colombia Defence & Security Report Q3 2014
- South Korea Defence & Security Report Q3 2014
- Saudi Arabia Defence & Security Report Q3 2014
- Brazil Defence & Security Report Q3 2014
- Singapore Defence & Security Report Q3 2014
- United Arab Emirates Defence & Security Report Q3 2014
- Kazakhstan and Central Asia Defence & Security Report Q3 2014
- Bulgaria Defence & Security Report Q3 2014