Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/25/2014 -- Direct selling grew marginally in 2013 to be valued at A$1.4 billion. Growth remains muted as leading players such as Avon struggle to create a strong value proposition to consumers. Direct sellers rely on a network of representatives to fuel value sales growth and with unemployment in Australia comparatively low by international standards, players are struggling to recruit new representatives. Further, the renewed efforts by leading retailers such as Woolworths and Wesfarmers in beauty and personal care have increased pressure on beauty and personal care direct sellers, as these larger retailers are able to offer more significant discounts as well as convenience due to their comprehensive network of retail outlets.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Avon Products remained the leading direct seller in Australia 2013, with a 14% value share. In 2013, competitive pressures from beauty and personal care retailers and manufacturers as well as other retail channels intensified as retail players began to focus on the beauty and personal care industry as a source of growth. For example, leading supermarket retailers Woolworths and Coles embarked on a strategy to rejuvenate their beauty and personal care retail executions in-store, which featured an increased product portfolio, new in-store collateral and even department store-style makeovers in selected stores.
Internet retailing will continue to be a major threat to the direct selling business model due to the lower cost structure these players enjoy, as well as wider range and better pricing. Many direct sellers will attempt to counter this by launching their own online offerings, but must set up operational practices that do not disrupt the traditional relationship between representatives and consumers that is core to the direct selling model. The direct selling retail channel is expected to decrease at a constant value CAGR of -2% over the forecast period.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Direct Selling industry in Australia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Direct Selling industry in Australia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Direct Selling in Australia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- Who are the leading retailers in Australia?
- How important is direct selling in Australia?
- How is the direct selling channel being affected by the growth of internet retailing?
- What strategies are direct sellers employing to compete in a multi-channel environment?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Direct Selling in Denmark
- Direct Selling in Egypt
- Direct Selling in the US
- Direct Selling in Peru
- Direct Selling in Argentina
- Direct Selling in Colombia
- Direct Selling in Venezuela
- Direct Selling in the United Kingdom
- Direct Selling in Austria
- Direct Selling in Sweden