Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 05/30/2014 -- Inertial Navigation System Market by Product (Marine grade, Navigation grade, Tactical grade, and Commercial grade), by Technology (Mechanical, Fiber optic gyro (FOG), Ring laser gyro (RLG), Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems (MEMS), Hemispherical Resonator gyro (HRG), and Vibrating gyro), by Application (Air, Land, and Naval Platforms), by Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East, and ROW) - Forecast & Analysis to 2014 - 2019
This report discusses the market opportunities in the inertial navigation system market. This market has huge potential due to its various applications in the commercial and the defense segments. INS is used in aircraft, spacecraft, submarines, guided missiles, smart bombs, helicopters, and unmanned vehicles. The major advantage of INS is that it does not require any external references for calculating the position, velocity, direction of movement, and orientation of a moving object. It can operate in extreme environmental conditions including tunnels, heavy buildings, underwater, and even in places where there is limited or no GPS access.
The market is segmented by technology which includes mechanical, ring laser gyro (RLG), fiber optic gyro (FOG), micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS), hemispherical resonator gyro (HRG), and Vibrating gyro based inertial navigation systems. It also covers the market of inertial navigation system by their application in airborne, land, and naval platforms. The inertial navigation system market is also segmented by product type which includes marine grade, navigation grade, tactical grade, and commercial grade navigation systems.
The report provides a brief analysis about the emerging products in this market, trending technologies, and highlights the key drivers, restraints, and challenges for this market.
The report consists of a complete regional analysis of 5 geographical regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East, and the Rest of the World (ROW). The countries that cover the major market share in inertial navigation system are also highlighted in this report.
The major companies involved in the manufacturing of inertial navigation systems are Northrop Grumman, Honeywell and Sagem (Safran) which are the leading players in this market. However, Rockwell Collins, VectorNav Technologies, Systron Donner Inertial, KVH Industries, Raytheon, SBG Systems, Advanced Navigation, Atlantic Inertial System, Teledyne CDL, L-3 Communications, Crossbow Technology and Kearfott Guidance & Navigation Corporation are other prominent players in this market.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Railway Management System Market - Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2014-2019)
- Smart Transportation Market - Global Advancements, Forecasts and Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Passenger Information System Market - Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Road Safety Market - Worldwide Market Forecast (2014-2019)
- Transportation Management Market - Global Advancements, Forecasts and Analysis (2014-2019)
- Actuator Systems Market in Aviation - Market Analysis (Commercial Aviation And Defense Aviation Landing Gear, Flight Control, Electromechanical, Electrohydraulic, Pneumatic, Hydraulic, Mechanical) - Forecasts 2014 - 2019
- Aircraft Ground Handling System Market - Global Forecasts and Analysis to 2014 - 2019
- Unmanned Underwater Vehicles Market - Forecasts & Analysis 2014-2019
- Commercial Aircraft Cabin Interior Market - Forecast & Analysis to 2014 - 2019
- In-Building Wireless Market - Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2014 - 2019)