Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 04/22/2014 -- PU Coating Market by Type (Solvent-borne, Water-borne, High Solids, Powder), End Industry (Automotive & Transportation, Wood & Furniture, Industrial, Textile, Construction, Electrical & Electronics) & Geography - Trends & Forecasts to 2018
PU coating is one of the most commonly used coating materials and finds its use in a number of end industries, accounting to its distinguished properties such as stiffness, hardness, and densities and provides thin film, high gloss finish with exceptional weathering performance characteristics. On the basis of technology, the market of PU coating can be broadly segmented into solvent-borne, water-borne, high solids and powder coating. Though solvent-borne type is the major consumed PU coating type and serve an array of industries due to its various properties and performance advantages; water-borne PU coating is an emerging market because of its low VOC profile and the demand for the same is growing at good pace.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Asia-Pacific is the biggest market of PU coating, consuming nearly half of the total global demand, and also the fastest growing market after ROW region. There is a lot of scope in the Asia-Pacific market due to growing purchasing power of the population which are the major end consumers of PU coating. Additionally, the continuous economic growth of the region leading to development of industrial base is also pushing the demand for PU coating at a considerable pace. With the emerging technological developments and innovations in the field of PU coating, the demand growth for PU coating may further augment at a high pace.
Currently, the penetration of PU coating is increasing in construction, electrical & electronics, and general industrial end industry at a very high pace around the globe. Wood & furniture, as an end industry is strong in all the regions while automotive & transportation industry demand is traditional and dominant. The key drivers for increasing demand of PU coating are enlarging automotive and ship building industry leading to increased consumption of PU coating for this industry along with growing purchasing power and strong economic growth of Asia-Pacific region. Upcoming trend of 1-K PU coating system and increasing consumption of water-borne PU coating in all the major end industries are the major upcoming opportunities; and technological developments and innovations are identified as key strategies to capitalize on these opportunities.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Green Polyol & Bio Polyol Market by Type (Polyester & Polyether), Application (Rigid/flexible PU Foam, Coating, Adhesive & Sealant), End-user (Construction, Transportation, Packaging, Furniture & Carpet) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts 2018
- Polyurethane (PU) Foams Market - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Coating Additives Market by Function (Rheology Modifiers, Dispersing, Wetting Agent, Impact Modifier, Anti-Foaming), Application (Automotive, Architecture, Industrial), Formulation (Water, Solvent, Powder Based), & Types - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- PTFE Market - Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Thermoplastic Polyurethane Market - Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Automotive Paints Market by Coat Type (Electrocoat, Primer, Basecoat & Clearcoat), by Technology (Solvent-Borne, Waterborne & Powder Coating), Texture Type (Metallic & Solid), Vehicle Type & Geography - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Global Antimicrobial Coatings Market - Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Polyolefins Market By Types (Low, Linear & High Density Polyethylene, Polypropylene And Ethylene Vinyl Acetate), By Applications (Film & Sheet, Injection Molding, Fibers & Tapes, Blow Molding, Others) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Amino Resin Market - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Propanol (Isopropanol & N-Propanol) Market By Applications (Solvents, Chemical Intermediates, Pharmaceuticals & Others) & Geography - Trends And Forecasts To 2018