Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/18/2014 -- Manufacturers were unable to stop the continued decrease in unit price that has been seen since the review period. The average unit price of retail tissue declined by 1% in 2013. With an increase in cheaper imported tissues and consumers using more private label products, unit price fell again for the fifth consecutive year.
Tissues is a concentrated industry in Japan. In tissues, a 73% share of total value sales was held by the top three manufacturers; Nippon Paper Crecia, Daio Paper Corp, and Oji Nepia in 2013. In this category brand recognition and equity is still important to consumers, who look for established brands such as Daio Paper's Elleair brand and Nippon Paper Crecia's Scotties. Within toilet paper, the industry is less concentrated as there is less of a focus on brand names and more of a focus on prices. The same three companies within toilet paper only accounted for 49% of the market in 2013.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Value sales of retail tissue will decline over the forecast period at a CAGR of 1% (at constant 2013 prices), largely due to demographic issues. Consumers will continue to trade down or look for cheaper alternatives, particularly private label products which have become much more common due to promotional activities from such as Aeon and Seven and I Holdings.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Retail Tissue industry in Japan with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Retail Tissue industry in Japan, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Retail Tissue in Japan market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Retail Tissue in Japan?
- What are the major brands in Japan?
- What is the performance of pocket handkerchiefs vs boxed facial tissues?
- What are the key new product launches in the tissues market?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Tissue and Hygiene in Russia
- Tissue and Hygiene in Hong Kong, China
- Tissue and Hygiene in Germany
- Tissue and Hygiene in Spain
- Tissue and Hygiene in Singapore
- Tissue and Hygiene in the US
- Retail Tissue in Canada
- Tissue and Hygiene in China
- Retail Tissue in Ireland
- Retail Tissue in Slovenia