Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/11/2014 -- RTD/high-strength premixes and in particular spirit-based RTDs such as Smirnoff Ice and Bacardi Breezer continued to enjoy a symbiotic affiliation with cider/perry as both product categories mainly target the same consumer group; that is the younger, often teenage female demographic. In July 2013, additional tax hikes on cider/perry resulted in an additional shift in consumption patterns away from cider/perry to spirit-based RTDs. The last tax hike for cider/perry in August 2010 resulted in one of the leading brands, Cult Shaker from Cult A/S changing its mix with energy drink from being cider-based to being vodka-based.
RTDs/high-strength premixes was traditionally dominated by two international giants earlier in the review period, namely Diageo with its Smirnoff Ice brand and Bacardi-Martini with its Bacardi Breezer brand. However, in 2011 the very popular Cult Shaker brand from domestic player Cult A/S switched from being cider-based to being vodka-based, consequently acquiring a significant part of the RTD/high-strength premixes environment. Additionally, Tempt from the domestic brewery giant Royal Unibrew performed exceedingly well since its introduction in 2012. As a result, Bacardi-Martini led total volume sales with share of 33%, followed by Cult, Diageo and Royal Unibrew with volume share of 26%, 15% and 14% respectively.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Taxation and the symbiotic relationship with cider/perry will continue to shape the performance of RTDs/high-strength premixes over the forecast period in addition to the category remaining to be highly marketing driven as it targets the younger more impressionable consumers. The growing domestic companies Cult and Royal Unibrew are anticipated to further cement their positions with frequent and targeted marketing efforts in addition to continuous product launches to stay relevant to the younger demographic.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the RTDs/High-Strength Premixes industry in Denmark with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the RTDs/High-Strength Premixes industry in Denmark, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The RTDs/High-Strength Premixes in Denmark market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market volume shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of RTDs/High-Strength Premixes in Denmark?
- What are the major brands in Denmark?
- Has the trend towards at-home entertaining had a positive impact on RTDs as consumers want to replicate the bar experience at home?
- How have RTDs performed in comparisons to High-strength premixes?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: High-Strength Premixes, RTDs.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Rtds/High-Strength Premixes in Finland
- Rtds/High-Strength Premixes in Chile
- Rtds/High-Strength Premixes in Greece
- Rtds/High-Strength Premixes in Australia
- Rtds/High-Strength Premixes in Latvia
- Rtds/High-Strength Premixes in the United Kingdom
- Rtds/High-Strength Premixes in Estonia
- Rtds/High-Strength Premixes in Ireland
- Rtds/High-Strength Premixes in Sweden
- Rtds/High-Strength Premixes in Bolivia