Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/29/2014 -- Since the deep impact of the international financial crisis was yet to end as at the end of the review period, arrivals in China recorded a decline of 3% in 2013 in terms of the number of inbound trips. The financial crisis resulted in weaker job security in Western countries, which led to tighter budgets for the residents of those countries. Neighbouring countries, such as India and Thailand, relaxed their visa policies and this led to even-greater competition and posed a strong threat to China's tourism industry, as Western visitors were sometimes choosing those countries where the prices of commodities were much lower than in China. Moreover, the serious air pollution in China, especially in major cities such as Beijing and Shanghai, also deterred inbound visitors. In addition, impacted by the tense situation between China and Japan, arrivals from Japan fell sharply by 15% in 2013.
Inbound tourism in China is expected to record rising year-on-year growth from 2015 onwards after reaching a low point in 2013 in terms of inbound arrivals, with numbers growing at a CAGR of 2% for inbound arrivals and at a CAGR of 3% at constant 2013 prices for incoming tourist receipts. With stronger efforts from the China National Tourism Administration to promote the country as an attractive destination to foreign tourists by optimising facilities such as transport, China's inbound tourism is set to recover. The new tourism law launched in late 2013 is also set to improve standardisation within China's tourism industry, in order to realise modernisation and industrialisation of China's tourism industry. Furthermore, more emphasis will be put on finding solutions to current problems, including severe air pollution and more-careful planning with regard to tourist attractions and travel agencies over the forecast period.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Tourism Flows Inbound industry in China with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Tourism Flows Inbound industry in China, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Tourism Flows Inbound in China market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Tourism Flows Inbound in China?
- How successful is China in attracting international visitors?
- What are the leading inbound source markets?
- What do international visitors spend their money on?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Arrivals, Arrivals by Mode of Transport, Arrivals by Purpose of Visit.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Tourism Flows Inbound in Denmark
- Travel and Tourism in the Netherlands to 2017: Inbound tourist volumes in the Netherlands expanded at a CAGR of 3.20% bertween 2008-2012 and is expected to record a CAGR of 1.29% over the next five years.
- Tourism Flows Inbound in Hungary
- Travel and Tourism in China to 2017
- Tourism Flows Inbound in Taiwan
- Tourism Flows Inbound in Canada
- Travel and Tourism in France to 2017
- Tourism Flows Inbound in Hong Kong, China
- Tourism Flows Inbound in the Czech Republic
- Tourism Flows Inbound in Sweden