Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/02/2014 -- Few major changes occurred in deodorants in Lithuania during 2012. The category as a whole managed to record increasing value sales, although this was mainly because of rising unit prices. Deodorants is a category which is nearing the point of maturity in Lithuania as there is only a tiny fraction of the Lithuanian population who do not use deodorants at all and these people cannot be expected to suddenly begin purchasing deodorant. This leaves innovation as the primary driver of growth in the category and this fact is well understood by the leading players in the category.
Procter & Gamble Services Lt UAB led deodorants in Lithuania in 2012 with a 14% value share. The company is the local subsidiary of the global fmcg powerhouse and enjoys excellent distribution in Lithuania. The company's most popular deodorants brand Old Spice is universally available in Lithuania and is supported by massive advertising campaigns. Moreover, Procter & Gamble maintains a strong presence in the much more profitable premium deodorants segment as the company derives significant revenues from its luxury deodorant brands such as Hugo Boss and Dolce & Gabbana.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The hygiene habits of the majority of Lithuanian consumers are deeply ingrained and this means that demand for deodorants is certain to remain strong for the foreseeable future. While it is unlikely that the consumer base for deodorants will expand, deodorants is a category of products which are highly valued by existing consumers due to the clearly defined benefits of deodorants, as proven by the strong demand which prevailed in the category throughout the recent economic recession. While declining demand is unlikely to strike deodorants in Lithuania, substantial growth cannot be guaranteed either. This all suggests that the companies operating in deodorants are likely to continue struggling in the near future in order to escape the shackles of price-based competition and persuade Lithuanian consumers to trade up to more expensive deodorants.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Deodorants industry in Lithuania with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Deodorants industry in Lithuania, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Deodorants in Lithuania market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Deodorants in Lithuania?
- What are the major brands in Lithuania?
- Which deodorant formats are seeing most dynamic growth?
- What are the key trends in product development?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Deodorant Creams, Deodorant Pumps, Deodorant Roll-Ons, Deodorant Sprays, Deodorant Sticks, Deodorant Wipes.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Austria to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Mexico to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Belgium to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Malaysia to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in the United Kingdom to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Saudi Arabia to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Portugal to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in France to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Denmark to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in New Zealand to 2017