Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 04/07/2014 -- GBI Research, the leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research, "Epilepsy Therapeutics in Asia Pacific Markets to 2019 - Treatment Options Enhanced As Novel Next Generation AEDs Show Improved Safety and Tolerability", which provides in-depth analysis of epilepsy market within the Asia-Pacific (APAC) market covering the four countries of Australia, China, India and Japan. The report provides an estimation of market size for 2012, along with market forecast until 2019. It also covers disease epidemiology, treatment algorithms, treatment patterns, in-depth analysis of the pipeline, and deal analysis.
The value of the epilepsy market in the APAC region amounted to an estimated $1.1 billion in 2012 and is expected to register a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 4.7% to reach $1.5 billion by 2019. The key drivers for growth in the APAC market include: high prevalence in China and India, increased market penetration due to improved market access in China and the expected approvals of drugs with novel mechanisms of action which could expand the therapeutic scope. Conversely, the growth of the market in APAC region could face the restricting influence of prescribing patterns that give preference to older generation drugs and also due to generic competition as a result of key patent expiries.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The report analyzes treatment usage patterns, market characterization, pipeline analysis and key licensing and co-development deals in anti-epileptics in the four APAC markets of Australia, China, India and Japan. The report includes -
- A brief introduction to epilepsy, including disease pathogenesis, risk factors, diagnosis and treatment options
- In-depth analysis of major marketed products covering product performance, product life-cycle and a heat map depicting comparative analysis of safety and efficacy parameters
- A comprehensive review of the epilepsy pipeline which includes individual analysis of promising late-stage pipeline drugs that are likely to enter the market during the forecast period. The pipeline is analyzed on the basis of Phase distribution, molecule type and molecular target.
- Additional clinical trial analysis by Phase, trial size, trial duration and program failure rate for each molecule type and mechanism of action
- Multi-scenario forecasts of the epilepsy market from 2012 to 2019 in the four APAC regions
- In-depth analysis of licensing and co-development agreements and an overview of key agreements that could impact growth trends
- Key drivers and restraints that have had and are expected to have a significant impact upon the market
Reasons to Get This Report
The report will enhance your decision-making capability by allowing you to -
- Align your product portfolio to markets with high growth potential
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Epilepsy Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 - New AEDs with Novel Mechanisms of Action Signal a Shift in Treatment Patterns
- Gastrointestinal Therapeutics in Asia-Pacific Markets to 2019 - Strong Potential for Pipeline Biologics on Account of High Regional Unmet Need
- NSCLC Therapeutics in Asia-Pacific Markets to 2019 - Personalized Therapies Focus on Untapped Segment of Squamous Cell Carcinoma to Expand Treatment Pool
- Ophthalmology Therapeutics Market in Asia-Pacific to 2019 - High Unmet Need and Moderate Short Term Prospects Focus Attention on Early Stage Activity
- Solid Tumors Market in Asia Pacific to 2019 - New Drug Approvals and Anticipated Product Launches to Trigger a Shift in Treatment Paradigm to Targeted Therapies
- Cardiovascular Diseases Therapeutics Market in Asia Pacific to 2019 - Promising Pipeline Drugs to Offset Revenue Decline from Generic Erosion and Off-Label Use
- Macular Degeneration Therapeutics Market in Asia-Pacific to 2019 - Existing Angiogenics Retain Dominance Though High Unmet Need Remains
- Cardiovascular Diseases Therapeutics in Major Developed Markets to 2019 - Increasing Prevalence and Promising Novel Drugs offset Patent Cliff Threat
- Obesity Therapeutics to 2019 - Safety Concerns Hinder Drug Performance Despite Large Market Opportunity
- Monoclonal Antibodies Market in Breast Cancer to 2019 - Strong Uptake of Novel HER-2 Targeted Therapies to Drive Robust Growth