Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/25/2012 -- Global Biocide Market - By Types, Applications, Trends & Forecast (2011 - 2016)
Biocides are substances that kill or inhibit all life forms when introduced in sufficient concentration and/or duration. They are used to control harmful organisms and control bacterial and fungal growth. Different types of biocide such as halogen compounds, metallic compounds, organosulfurs, organic acids, phenolic, etc. are used for various applications in personal care, water treatment, wood preservation, food and beverage, paints and coatings, and others. Growth in water treatment market on account of increasing water consumption due to population growth, changing food habits, and climate change is a major driver for global biocide market.
Biocides are also used as additives in polymers for preventing the growth of bacteria or fungi and also to prevent degradation of polymer's physical and sensorial properties, both within the material and at its surface. The incorporation of biocides in plastics and rubbers helps in reducing cost and effort required in cleaning especially, in demanding sectors such as food processing plants, hospitals, and home care.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Biocides are becoming compliant to environment regulations as more and more companies are meeting the regulations. The newer breed of biocide, which have lesser environmental impact and better performance features are key drivers of the biocide market. Higher priced specialty biocides are providing stiff competition to the commodity biocides.
Biocide market is also witnessing an increase in demand for environmentally friendly biocides in disinfectants and sanitizers in household, industrial, and institutional cleaners as compared to other biocide formulations. Other applications of biocides such as health care industry are growing due to increasing health consciousness thus leading to need for protection from infections.
The best growth opportunities for the biocide products are in the Asia-Pacific and Eastern Europe region, whereas mature North American and West European markets are predictable to register a modest growth. Moreover, China will be the fastest-growing country in global biocide market as its strong economic growth continues. In mature markets such as the U.S., Western Europe, and Japan, growth will be driven more by a shift to higher value products rather than by significant volume pick-up.
We have used various secondary sources such as encyclopedia, directories, and databases to identify and collect information useful for this extensive commercial study of biocide market. The primary sources - experts from related industries and suppliers have been interviewed to obtain and verify critical information as well as to assess the future prospects of biocides.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Biodegradable Plastics Market: by Types (Starch, PLA, PHA, PCL, and PBS), Applications, Regulations, Prices, Trends & Forecast (2011 - 2016)
- Global Adhesives & Sealants Market by Type, Applications, Trends, & Forecasts (2011 - 2016)
- Global MDI, TDI and Polyurethane Market by Type, Applications, Prices, Regulations Trends & Forecasts 2011-2016
- Global Fluoropolymers Market Analysis by Product Types, Applications, & Geography - Trends & Forecasts (2011 - 2016)
- Global Carbon Nanotubes Market - SWCNTS, MWCNTS, Technology, Applications, Trends & Outlook (2011 - 2016)
- Seed Treatment Market Trends and Global Forecasts (2011-2016)
- Water Treatment Chemicals Market By Types, Applications, Trends & Global Forecasts (2011 - 2016)
- Crop Protection Chemicals Market by Type (Herbicides, Fungicides, Insecticides, Bio-pesticides and Adjuvants), Geography, Price Trends and Global Forecasts (2011-2016)
- Global Lactic Acid & Poly Lactic Acid (PLA) Market by Applications and Potential Opportunities (2011-2016)
- Global Specialty Oilfield Chemicals Market by Types, Applications, Trends & Forecasts(2011-2016)