Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/08/2014 -- Retail sales of mixed retailers in 2013 saw no significant change on the previous year. This was due to the government spending and various policies aimed at stimulating domestic consumption. Political stability and favourable economic conditions encouraged consumer spending. Regular sales, new campaigns, new apparel entrants and various entertainment events were important factors attracting consumers to visit stores more often.
Central Retail Corp drove mixed retailers thanks to key department brands such as Robinson, Central Department Store and Zen. Central Retail Corp saw largest increase in value sales in 2013 thanks to nearly 60 locations of department stores throughout the country. Central Retail Corp contributed over half of total retail value sales of mixed retailers in 2013. The Central Department Store brand was positioned in the mid-range to high-end of the market, where Robinson Department stores captured lower- to middle-income consumers. This was the reason why the number of Robinson outlets was higher than Central Department Store. Furthermore, Robinson targeted consumers in wider upcountry areas.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The forecast performance of mixed retailers is expected to move in a positive direction, with new department stores and new variety stores opening. The forecast period is expected to see retail outlet growth and value sales growth rates at lower levels than over the review period. New outlets should look beyond the normal concept of department stores towards unique style, and carry their own character that differs from existing players. The possibility is that Thailand is likely to be hub of AEC 2015, and the number of tourists will increase, not limited only to ASEAN countries. Bangkok is expected to see a new trend of luxury living of high-end foreigners from Singapore, the Middle East and Russia looking for luxury accommodation such as "6-star" condominiums, hotels and luxury serviced apartments for long stays or holidays. They are expected to be one of the key target consumer segments of luxury department stores in the future.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Mixed Retailers industry in Thailand with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Mixed Retailers industry in Thailand, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Mixed Retailers in Thailand market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic number of stores, selling space and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- How big is the Mixed Retailers channel in Thailand?
- Who are the leading retailers in Thailand?
- How are mixed retailers competing against the growth of grocery retailers?
- Are consumers switching towards value retailers or moving upmarket?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Department Stores , Mass Merchandisers, Variety Stores, Warehouse Clubs.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Mixed Retailers in Russia
- Mixed Retailers in Japan
- Mixed Retailers in Finland
- Retailing in Taiwan
- Mixed Retailers in Turkey
- Retailing in the United Kingdom
- Mixed Retailers in Switzerland
- Mixed Retailers in Malaysia
- Mixed Retailers in the US
- Mixed Retailers in South Africa