Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/14/2014 -- In Thailand, the Thai Health Promotion Foundation was established as the independent agency according to the Health Promotion Act 2001 to promote the wellbeing of Thais. The organisation is in fact funded by a surcharge tax of tobacco and alcohol excise taxes to steer the projects to encourage more Thais to enjoy higher living quality with the change to healthier habits, including the campaigns for smoking bans. The national statistics by the Bureau of Tobacco Control pointed out the increase in the number of smokers in Thailand to 13 million in 2012, with death tolls stemming from smoking harms reaching 52,000 persons per year. The Thai Health Promotion Foundation has also been concerned over the increasing population of new young smokers of 300,000 per year during the recent years.
Johnson & Johnson (Thailand) continued dominating the sales in NRT smoking cessation aids, contributing the value share of 60% in 2013. Due to the global prestige of the Nicorette brand in NRT gum, it is renowned amongst smokers who look for a method to quit smoking via word of mouth or recommendations by chemists/pharmacists. In addition, the Nicorette brand is widely available in major chemists/pharmacies and parapharmacies/drugstores nationwide. In 2013, the followers Novartis (Thailand) Ltd and Millimed Co Ltd with Nicotinell and Nicomild-2 respectively recorded combined value share of nearly 40%.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Teenagers and young adults who are addicted to nicotine from smoking will remain the key targets of brand players in NRT smoking cessation aids, given the active movement by independent organisations named Action on Smoking and Health Foundation Thailand to advocate tight control over tobacco distribution and advertisements. The relentless efforts by the Thai Health Promotion Foundation to campaign for quitting smoking will lead to a greater number of individuals who decide to stop smoking, given that NRT smoking cessation aids is a middle-of-the-road and flexible alternative for smokers to successfully quit smoking via a safer alternative source of nicotine.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Thailand with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids industry in Thailand, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Thailand market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Thailand?
- What are the major brands in Thailand?
- How have tobacco bans affected the sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Portugal
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in South Korea
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Norway
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the US
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in France
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the United Arab Emirates
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in the United Kingdom
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in India
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Denmark
- NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in Ireland