Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/16/2014 -- Germany is a carbonates nation with regard to soft drinks, with carbonates accounting for the highest value sales of any soft drinks category. In current value terms, a 3% increase was registered in the off-trade in 2013, while volume sales increased by 1%. Growth was partly driven by niches such as mixers but was mainly due to the health and wellness trend and its influence on low-calorie offerings.
As in many other countries, Coca-Cola is the primary player in carbonates in Germany with a strong value share. Although the company's share declined slightly in 2013 it still registered positive value sales growth. This growth was mainly driven by its low-calorie variants such as Coca-Cola Zero. Coca-Cola benefited from strong brand awareness and constant marketing activities.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The performance of carbonates will be hampered by the ageing population in Germany and by health concerns, which will see more consumers turn to bottled water instead of carbonates. Carbonates is thus anticipated a rather poor performance over the forecast period, posting an off-trade volume decline over 2013-2018 and almost flat growth in value terms at constant 2013 prices. However, compared to other soft drinks, carbonates will be one of the better performing categories.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Carbonates industry in Germany with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Carbonates industry in Germany, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Carbonates in Germany market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Carbonates in Germany?
- What are the major brands in Germany?
- Who are the key consumers of carbonates in Germany?
- How do premium vs. standard vs. economy brands compete for sales and market share?
- How does the sales performance of domestic manufacturers compare to international brands/manufacturers?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Carbonates Market in Asia to 2019: Market Guide
- Carbonates Market in MENA to 2019: Market Guide
- Carbonates Market in East Europe to 2019: Market Guide
- Carbonates Market in Latin America to 2019: Market Guide
- Carbonates Market in West Europe to 2019: Market Guide
- Carbonates in Germany
- Carbonates in Estonia
- Carbonates in Indonesia
- Carbonates in the Philippines
- Carbonates in Kazakhstan