Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/08/2014 -- In 2013 Internet retailing continued to see strong value growth. There were many supportive factors. First, brand owners developed their own websites and offered online purchase services. Second, an increasing numbers of consumers owned smartphones and tablets, which enabled them to look through products online more easily. Third, Internet infrastructure in Thailand has improved, with the introduction of 3G and expansion of services throughout the country. Furthermore, increasing penetration of credit and debit cards in Thailand increased consumers' ability to shop online.
Internet retailing in Thailand remained fragmented at the end of the review period, with many small online shopping websites. However, among these small players were major store-based retailers that have expanded into Internet retailing, such as Big C, Central Department Stores and Tesco Lotus. Among all Internet retailers, Amazon.com is expected to show the highest value sales, contributing to the fact that it is among popular international retailers from which Thais like to order.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Internet retailing is expected to see a strong value CAGR over the forecast period. The number of Thai people with access to the Internet is increasing daily. Internet infrastructure has been improving thanks to the key mobile phone operators, which compete aggressively to improve their networks and offer 3G services. Thai consumers also feel increasingly comfortable purchasing online and via their mobile phones. Credit card players promote online transactions by offering double points when shopping online and extra discounts on top of regular discounts. Hence, the forecast performance of Internet retailing will remain active, with a positive performance after 2013.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Internet Retailing industry in Thailand with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Internet Retailing industry in Thailand, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Internet Retailing in Thailand market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- Who are the leading retailers in Thailand?
- How quickly is internet retailing growing in Thailand?
- What products are selling best over the internet?
- Which internet sites are attracting the most sales?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Apparel and Footwear Internet Retailing, Beauty and Personal Care Internet Retailing, Consumer Appliances Internet Retailing, Consumer Electronics and Video Games Hardware Internet Retailing, Consumer Healthcare Internet Retailing, Food and Drink Internet Retailing, Home Care Internet Retailing, Home Improvement and Gardening Internet Retailing, Housewares and Home Furnishings Internet Retailing, Media Products Internet Retailing, Other Internet Retailing, Traditional Toys and Games Internet Retailing.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Internet Retailing in South Korea
- Leisure and Personal Goods Specialist Retailers in Peru
- Internet Retailing in Finland
- Internet Retailing in Japan
- Internet Retailing in Spain
- Internet Retailing in New Zealand
- Internet Retailing in Russia
- Internet Retailing in Italy
- Internet Retailing in the US
- Internet Retailing in Denmark