Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 03/18/2014 -- Asthma and allergic rhinitis are both very common diseases in the world today. As the global atmosphere becomes more and more seriously contaminated, incidence of these diseases increases year by year.
Budesonide inhalation suspension (trade name "Pulmicort Respules") developed by Astra Zeneca was approved to market by FDA for asthma treatment in August 2000. It obtained import approval in China in November 2001. Statistics shows that there are more than 30 million asthma patients and over 0.3 billion people suffering from allergic rhinitis in China. According to CRI's investigation on certain sample hospital market in China, the CAGR of sales value of budesonide surpassed 30% from 2005 to 2010. Since 2011, market growth has slowed down, but it still maintains an annual growth rate of 18%.
In April 2013, the patent protection of asthma drug "Pulmicort Respules" produced by Astra Zeneca was sentenced invalid in an U.S. regional court. Industry insiders think that this has paved the way for generic drug to occupy the market.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
According to CRI's market investigation, budesonide products in Chinese market are still mainly imported drugs from Astra Zeneca, but there are already some Chinese enterprises, such as Lunan Better Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Humanwell Healthcare (Group) Co., Ltd. and Shanghai Sine Promod Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., producing budesonide APIs and finished drugs.
On January 15, 2013 Santarus, Inc. announced that FDA has ratifies the usage of Uceris sustained release tablets in alleviating symptoms of mild - moderate active ulcerative colitis. Uceris is a new drug developed by Santarus, Inc. and Cosmo Technologies Limited, a subsidiary of Cosmo Pharmaceuticals S.p.A. This is a new oral tablet, and its main ingredient is budesonide.
As Chinese economy develops and its environment worsens, the number of asthma and allergic rhinitis patients in China will continue to rise in the next few years. Furthermore, more indications may emerge in China. Consequently, market size of budesonide in China will therefore continue to grow.
Through this report, the readers can acquire the following information:
- Incidence of Respiratory Disease in China
- Market Share of Major Budesonide Manufacturers in Sample Hospitals in China
- Sales price of Budesonide in Hospital Market in China
- Production Status of Budesonide Generic Drug in China
- Major Budesonide Manufacturers in China
- Share of Budesonide in Different Dosage Forms in China Hospital Market
- Prospect of China Budesonide Market
The author recommends the report to the following:
- Budesonide Manufacturers
- Medical Institutions
- Investors /Research Agencies Focusing on Respiratory Drug Market
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Investigation Report on China Duloxetine Market, 2009-2018
- Investigation Report on China Bevacizumab Market, 2009-2018
- Investigation Report on China Montelukast Market, 2009-2018
- Investigation Report on China Enoxaparin Sodium Market, 2009-2018
- Investigation Report on China Insulin Glargine Market, 2009-2018
- Investigation Report on China Rituximab Market, 2009-2018
- Investigation Report on China Quetiapine Market, 2009-2018
- Investigation Report on China Tacrolimus Market, 2009-2018
- Investigation Report on China Telmisartan Market, 2009-2018
- Investigation Report on China Pemetrexed Market, 2009-2018