Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/20/2014 -- Value sales of snack bars are expected to grow by a high 7% in current terms in 2013, much lower than the 12% increase recorded in 2012, but still very strong. Demand for energy/nutrition bars in Taiwan only became significant after the launch of the Japanese brand Soy Joy in 2008, targeted at the mass of consumers. Though now available for a number of years, consumers are still beginning to gain exposure to not only Soy Joy, but also other brands of snack bars. The growth rate of snack bars is greatly affected by competition from other snack foods, such as confectionery and chips/crisps etc.
With Soy Joy, King Car Otsuka Co is expected to continue to dominate snack bars in Taiwan with a 64% value share in 2013, a small drop from 2012. The brand includes flavours such as blueberry, strawberry, and almond grape. Soy Joy is advertised as a nutritional snack food made with real fruit and whole soy, and having a low glycaemic index and no trans fats. King Car Otsuka Co launches at least one new flavour each year to stimulate demand and regularly holds public and printed advertisements, so value sales have continued to increase each year. The newest flavour available is orange.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Value sales of snack bars are expected to increase at a constant CAGR of 2% over the forecast period. Soy Joy will likely remain the top brand, given its already-popular brand image among snack bars; however, competition from not only other types of nutrition-orientated biscuits, confectionery, and chips/crisps, but newer energy and nutrition bars are likely to emerge.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Snack Bars industry in Taiwan with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Snack Bars industry in Taiwan, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Snack Bars in Taiwan market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Snack Bars in Taiwan?
- What are the major brands in Taiwan?
- Are sales benefitting as consumers look for a healthier alternative to confectionery?
- What are the market opportunities for high fibre products?
- What are the other major snack bars markets globally?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Snack Bars in India
- Snack Bars in Italy
- Snack Bars in Belgium
- Snack Bars in Russia
- Snack Bars in Bolivia
- Snack Bars in South Korea
- Snack Bars in Malaysia
- Snack Bars in Uruguay
- Snack Bars in the Philippines
- Snack Bars in Thailand