Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 01/30/2014 -- Recently released data from Eurostat showed that Spain's economy exited recession in Q313, supporting our long-held view that the economic recovery would begin picking-up in the second half of 2013. We have revised our forecast for the economy to grow by 0.7% in 2014, from 0.2% previously, against the backdrop of a steadily improving export outlook. Nevertheless, we caution that the recovery will be sluggish and undermined by fiscal austerity, weak fixed investment, and dire labour market conditions. This means more sluggish growth for the food and drink sector, while the lower end of the sector will continue to outperform the rest. In line with this, we believe that Dia is one of a select few Western Europe-based food retailers with good near-term growth prospects in the region.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Colombia Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- Singapore Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- India Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- United Arab Emirates Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- Brazil Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- Chile Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- United Kingdom Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- Croatia Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- Vietnam Food & Drink Report Q1 2014
- Netherlands Food & Drink Report Q1 2014