Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/13/2014 -- Uruguay: Government's Digital Agenda on Track to Meet Universal Broadband Access Milestones,' a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Uruguay's mobile and fixed telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Uruguayan market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony and broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, in addition to a review of key regulatory trends.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- The lack of competition in the fixed telecommunications market in Uruguay has not been a limiting factor for the development of the sector. The country is today one of the most penetrated in Latin America, with the number of telecom lines per 100 inhabitants considerably above the regional average at year-end 2013. Uruguay's broadband penetration of the population is also well above the Latin American average, surpassed only by Puerto Rico's. The availability of broadband infrastructure at affordable prices has been key to the proliferation of broadband services in the country.
- Uruguay's Digital Agenda for 2011-2015 sets a number of milestones aimed at reaching universal broadband access in the country. Through initiatives ranging from digital inclusion programs to ANTEL's deployment of 4G and FTTH/B next-generation networks, the government expects that by 2015, broadband service, whether fixed or mobile, will be available to 80% of households.
- Pyramid Research expects revenue in the Uruguayan telecom and pay-TV services market to grow 4.2% in 2014. The mobile segment contributed almost half of total telecom revenue in 2013, while fixed voice (circuit-switched and VoIP) and broadband accounted for more than a third. Going forward, we expect fixed broadband to be one of the fastest growing revenue categories.
- With 5.1m mobile subscriptions at year-end 2013, Uruguay is the third most penetrated country in Latin America, after Panama and Chile. We expect mobile subscriptions to increase at a CAGR of 2.9% during the 2014-2018 period.
This Country Intelligence Report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Uruguay today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2018. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Uruguay's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Uruguay in a regional context; a review of market size and trends compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Uruguay.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: ANTEL, ANCEL, Telefonica/Movistar, America Movil/Claro, Cablevision, DirecTV, TCC, Nuevo Siglo, Monte Cablevideo
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Internet research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Broadband - Fibre is the Infrastructure Required for the Future
- Middle East - Digital Media, Broadband and Internet Market and Forecasts
- Latin America - Broadband and Internet Market
- Australia - The National Broadband Network
- Italy - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts
- Sweden - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts
- Spain - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts
- Finland - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts
- France - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts
- New Zealand - Telecoms, Mobile, Broadband and Forecasts