Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 04/14/2014 -- Romania - Q2 2014
The port of Constantza is set to post a year-on-year increases in terms of total tonnage and container throughput in 2014 in line with the country's continued economic recovery and eurozone's improving macroeconomic outlook.
Robust exports and a recovery in private consumption will support freight volumes at the country's ports. Over the medium term, we project further growth at the port of Constantza and the recovery of its predownturn total throughput volumes, while container throughput, is projected to remain below 2007-2008 level.
Headline Industry Data
- 2014 - port of Constantza tonnage throughput forecast to grow 8%, over the medium term we project a 30% increase.
- 2014 - port of Constantza container throughput forecast to grow 3%, over the medium term we project a 23% increase.
- 2014 - total trade growth forecast at 4.9%.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Industry Trends
Minister Optimistic about Infrastructure Upgrades: Romania's ports are one of the two sectors to be developed in partnership with China, according to Romania's Transport Minister Ramona Manescu, with railways being the other one. The minister, who was appointed in August 2013, also said the rehabilitation of the country's ports along the Danube should be completed during her term.
Risks to Outlook
The potential for growth at the country's ports stems from BMI's positive outlook on the Romanian economy. Container throughput will be driven by the country's consumers, with consumer demand in Romania forecast to strengthen. The country's real GDP is estimated to increase by 2.8% in 2014.
Upside risks to our short- and medium-term forecasts stem from expansion projects; potential foreign investment and interest; and improving domestic demand in the euro area, in particular in Germany, which will prove supportive of sustained export growth over the coming quarters.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Poland Shipping Report Q2 2014
- Iran Shipping Report Q2 2014
- Brazil Shipping Report Q2 2014
- Nigeria Shipping Report Q2 2014
- Vietnam Shipping Report Q2 2014
- Australia Shipping Report Q2 2014
- Oman Shipping Report Q2 2014
- Malaysia Shipping Report Q2 2014
- Egypt Shipping Report Q2 2014
- United Arab Emirates Shipping Report Q2 2014