Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/30/2014 -- Low disposable incomes mean that sanitary protection has still not reached its full potential in South Africa. Despite the category being highly sophisticated with a wide variety of products to suit all needs available in the market, many women still went without or used standard towels with wings as these is one of the most common and cheapest types of sanitary towels available. Although there is some presence of private label, namely through health and beauty specialist chains Clicks and Dis-Chem, many low-income consumers are still not purchasing these products. Low-income consumers often trust brands they already know, as although unit prices of private label are lower, they do not have money to waste trying and testing new cheaper products. In addition, private label products still have a lower quality stigma among many South African consumers. Because of this, in 2013, private label still did not have a significant presence in sanitary protection.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Procter & Gamble (Pty) Ltd is ranked in first position with an overall increasing value share of 26% within sanitary protection in South Africa in 2013. The company enjoys strong brand recognition and loyalty thanks to its wide range of products targeting all consumer groups - those with low- to high-incomes - within towels. Additionally, Procter & Gamble remained highly involved in marketing campaigns and has long-term partnerships with the Government and UNICEF with the Always Keeping Girls in School campaign as of 2006.
Sanitary protection in South Africa should carry on registering a steady performance in value terms over the forecast period. Growing consumer demand should be driven by the rising middle class and urban population, involving changes in cultural and hygiene habits. However, the sluggish economic recovery should have an impact on key players? pricing strategies, resulting in intense price competition. As a result, sanitary protection is expected to register a value CAGR of 3% at constant 2013 prices, over the forecast period.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Sanitary Protection industry in South Africa with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Sanitary Protection industry in South Africa, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Sanitary Protection in South Africa market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Sanitary Protection in South Africa?
- What are the major brands in South Africa?
- What are the key new product launches in the sanitary protection market?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Pantyliners, Sanitary Protection Including Intimate Wipes, Tampons, Towels.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of the Feminine Hygiene Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Feminine Hygiene Market in South Africa to 2017
- The Future of the Suncare Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Suncare Market in South Africa to 2017
- Sanitary Pads Market in South Africa to 2017
- Sun Protection Market in South Africa to 2017
- Tissue and Hygiene in South Africa
- Travel and Tourism in South Africa to 2017
- The Future of the Haircare Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Skincare Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape