Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/03/2014 -- South Africa's major cities such as Cape Town and Johannesburg saw strong population growth during the review period, with these cities thus becoming increasingly overcrowded and polluted. Due to escalating house prices and limited access to land and mortgages also resulted in many households becoming increasingly overcrowded. Dust levels rose, while consumers' focus on hygiene and cleanliness was also increased by rising concerns about bacteria and disease. These trends boosted consumers' usage of surface care and thus supported good sales growth.
Unilever was the clear leader in surface care throughout the review period and accounted for 39% value share in 2012. This is due to the strength of its Handy Andy range, which offers a wide range of products and is particularly successful in the dominant product area multi-purpose cleaners, accounting for 60% value share in 2012. The brand offers a range of products for different consumer groups, including affordable Handy Andy Cream and value-added Handy Andy Actifizz Multipurpose Spray. Unilever also dominates scouring agents, where its Vim range accounted for 85% value share in 2012.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Surface care will continue to benefit from increasingly busy cities in South Africa during the forecast period. The country's major cities are likely to see their populations grow not only due to rural migration from within South Africa but also due to an influx of immigrant workers from other countries. As a result, cities are expected to become increasingly crowded and polluted, with rising dust levels. There will also be a growing consumer focus on eradicating bacteria in the home as they seek to reduce their exposure to germs and disease. These trends will encourage the more frequent and widespread use of surface care in many South African homes.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Surface Care industry in South Africa with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Surface Care industry in South Africa, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Surface Care in South Africa market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Surface Care in South Africa?
- What are the major brands in South Africa?
- What are the fastest growth categories within surface care?
- What are the key new product launches in the polishes market?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Bathroom Cleaners, Descalers, Drain Openers, Floor Cleaners, Household Antiseptics/Disinfectants, Household Care Wipes and Floor Cleaning Systems, Kitchen Cleaners, Multi-Purpose Cleaners, Oven Cleaners, Scouring Agents, Window/Glass Cleaners.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of the Skincare Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Skincare Market in South Africa to 2017
- The Future of the Oral Hygiene Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Home Care in South Africa
- The Future of the Oral Hygiene Market in South Africa to 2017
- Facial Care Market in South Africa to 2017
- Denture Care Market in South Africa: Market Profile to 2017
- The Future of the Make-up Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Fragrances Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Denture Care Market in South Africa to 2017