Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/23/2014 -- BMI continues to adjust its forecasts for Iran's pharmaceutical market to account for the sanction-induced currency crisis and high rates of inflation. The rapid depreciation of the rial means that we expect the value of the market to contract sharply in US dollar terms. On a positive note, improved international relations have reduced the political risk associated with operating in the market for multinational drugmakers .
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: IRR44,216bn (USD2.46bn) in 2013 to IRR51,750bn (USD1.72bn) in 2014; +17.0% in local currency terms and -29.9% in US dollar terms.
- Healthcare: IRR404,091bn (USD12.25bn) in 2013 to IRR488,404bn (USD16.28bn) in 2014; +20.9% in local currency terms and +33.0% in US dollar terms.
BMI's appraisal of Iran's business environment was broadly unchanged in Q314, with a score of 42.7 out of 100. The country rose one place in the regional rankings to 14th out of 30 countries in the Middle East and Africa region in Q314. Its overall score is broadly on a par with the regional average of 42.4. Generally speaking, Iran benefits from a large and growing population and relatively widespread access to healthcare services. However, its regulatory regime - including intellectual property (IP) rights, political and economic situation - is highly questionable.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends And Developments
- In March 2014, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani launched a medical insurance plan, called RouhaniCare, to insure five million of the 12mn Iranians who cannot afford premiums. The Financial Times reported Rouhani saying: 'The first step will be taken in the next Iranian calendar year starting on March 21 to gradually bring everyone under medical insurance coverage and lower peoples' share of medical cost.' Health experts have welcomed Rouhani's insurance plan, but say the high costs for patients have been compounded by the near bankruptcy of the country's 555 state hospitals, which provide most...
The Iran Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Iran Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Iranian pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent pharmaceutical and healthcare industry forecasts for Iran to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Iranian pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Iranian pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Iran.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View & Industry SWOT
An at-a-glance perspective on latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The SWOT outlines strategic factors which affect BMI's forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI's political, economic and business environment SWOTS, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
Snapshot of key market characteristics, including total size of pharmaceuticals and healthcare segments, growth drivers, leading therapeutic areas and the competitive landscape.
Details of the industry regulatory framework and key legislation covering the licensing of new products/services, pricing and reimbursements, intellectual property, taxation and advertising, as well as an analysis of the overall regulatory burden.
Focus on government healthcare reforms, epidemiological trends, company M&As, product launches, market entries, FDI activity, R&D, biotechnology, clinical trials and supply chain issues.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Egypt Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- France Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Turkey Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Slovenia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Jordan Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Estonia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Saudi Arabia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Bulgaria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014